Are bullet blenders something you’ve had your eye on for a while? Are you interested in adding this compact and convenient blender to your kitchen? Here’s a guide to the best bullet blenders and what features to look for.
Blenders are one of the most versatile tools in the kitchen. From making hot soups to creamy milkshakes, blenders are a staple for most American families. But not everyone has the counter space for a giant countertop blender.
Bullet blenders are an excellent option for people who love making homemade smoothies but don’t need something huge. You don’t have to break the bank to enjoy a delicious smoothie in the morning. We’ll go over everything you need to know about bullet blenders and how to choose the best bullet blender.
What Is A Bullet Blender?
A bullet blender is a compact, personal blender that you can use to make single-serving smoothies. Most bullet blenders use a jar that you can blend and then drink right out of. While countertop blenders take up a ton of space, bullet blenders are small and easy to store.
While most aren’t as versatile as countertop blenders, they are usually powerful enough to get the job done just fine. Some of the higher qualities one can even rival the full-size blenders.
Bullet blenders are also known as personal or single-serve blenders. While they usually are only big enough to make smoothies for one, some of them come with bigger jars capable of producing larger servings.
These bullet blenders can make smoothies for multiple people, or they can make batches to store in the fridge for later. All in all, bullet blenders are prized for their convenience, speed, and affordability.
Why Should You Purchase A Bullet Blender?
What are the advantages of bullet blenders?
- The most significant advantage of a bullet blender is the compact size. This makes it easy to store and take with you when traveling. They take up less counter space, and they’re easier to move.
- They also tend to be much less expensive than full-size blenders. For people who live alone, they’re an excellent option for making single-serving smoothies.
- They’ve very easy to use and to clean since they’re smaller than the bulkier countertop blenders.
- They’re known to be pretty quick, typically whipping up a smoothie in less than 30 seconds.
Who should purchase a bullet blender?
- Anyone who likes making single-serving smoothies would be best suited for a bullet blender.
- People who don’t have a lot of time in the morning to make a smoothie will benefit from the convenience.
- If you’re limited on budget, a bullet blender will serve your needs without breaking the bank.
- Anyone who likes to take their smoothie with them on the go should purchase a bullet blender.
Best Bullet Blenders Reviews
Magic Bullet Blender
Why We Like It: It’s very fast, blending and chopping all your ingredients in as little as 10 seconds.
The Magic Bullet blender is one of the most popular bullet blenders on the market. It’s known for being fast and powerful, with a 250-watt motor that packs plenty of power. It comes with 11 accessories, including a party mug, a short and tall cup, and lots of lids.
The Magic Bullet is easy to use and can be cleaned by just rinsing it under the tap. All parts are dishwasher safe, as well. It’s a simple blender that you can take on the go with the included sports bottle and lids. It’s listed on Amazon for $33.67 with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Works in 10 seconds or less
- Has one speed setting with pulse control
- Comes with lots of accessories
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- It doesn’t move ingredients around very well
- The motor isn’t super powerful
- The cup can get stuck in the blender
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked that it was great value for the price. They say it worked well with a few ice cubes, but couldn’t handle more than that. They also liked the recipes that came with the manual and said they made delicious protein shakes.
- Users did not like that it was not great at blending frozen fruit. They also said that the blades had to be changed every two years or so. The overheating of the base was frustrating to many users.
Verdict: This is the most basic bullet blender on the market. If you’re not picky, this is a super affordable choice that can make delicious non-frozen smoothies.
Why We Like It: It’s got a very powerful 600-watt motor that can crush ingredients without being too loud.
The NutriBullet NBR-1201 is a fancier version of the Magic Bullet blender. The 600-watt motor is potent and can easily blend frozen ingredients. It’s small enough to be easily stored, and it comes with 12 accessories that make it more versatile.
This NutriBullet blender has both a flat and an emulsifying blade to help you blend things like seeds and skins. The travel attachments are a bit flimsy, however, so it’s better used in the house than on the go. It comes with a 1-year limited warranty and costs $49.88.
- The powerful motor can blend frozen ingredients easily
- The stainless steel blades use cyclonic action to move ingredients
- It comes with a lot of accessories
- The motor runs the opposite direction than the cup screws into the base. This means it may unscrew while you’re blending.
- The rubber seals can fall out
- The blades can work loose
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how easy it was to clean. All you have to do is put a cup of water in and run the blender for a few seconds. They also loved how large the container was and how many ingredients you could fit in. The blades and motor were powerful enough to handle all of it at once.
- Users did not like how the gasket ring would sometimes come out and get caught in the blades. They also didn’t like that the lids would leak and need to be replaced. Users recommended that you buy a new blade every once in a while to increase its lifespan.
Verdict: The NutriBullet NBR-1201 is a powerhouse. If you want a bullet blender for frozen drinks, this is an affordable option that’s up to the job.
Ninja Fit (QB3001SS)
Why We Like It: It’s the perfect mixture of size, power, and speed. It can handle hard ingredients without waking up the whole house.
The Ninja Fit is a truly excellent bullet blender. It comes with a 700-watt motor that manages to stay pretty quiet while pulverizing frozen fruit with ease. The black/silver base is very sleek, and you can easily stow it away when you’re not using it.
The Nina Fit comes with 16 oz. containers with measurement marks and tight travel lids. Although you have to hold the container down while blending, this prevents the motor from burning out. It’s very fast and very affordable, listed for only $49.99. It also comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- The very powerful motor can blend through almost anything
- Doesn’t make a lot of noise
- It’s super-fast, but the motor doesn’t burn out easily
- The travel cups are easy to take on the go
- Doesn’t work well with hot ingredients
- The lid can get stuck
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how durable the plastic cups were. They also loved how well it blended, which they thought was due to the unique shape of the cups. Users liked how easy the cups, lids, and blades were to clean in the dishwasher.
- Users did not like that it only came with two cups. They also didn’t like that the cups were so tall that they weren’t easily stored in the fridge. Many users found the lids hard to drink out of if the smoothie was super thick. Some users complained that it wasn’t durable, but most users disagreed.
Verdict: This may be the perfect bullet blender. If you’re willing to spend $50 on a bullet blender, you can’t do much better than this.
Why We Like It: It’s huge! The cup has a whopping 32 oz — capacity for making giant smoothies.
The NutriBullet Pro comes as a 13-piece set, so it certainly doesn’t lack when it comes to accessories. The motor has incredibly 900 watts of power, making it rather strong for a bullet blender. It also uses cyclonic action to move the ingredients around to avoid chunks.
This blender comes in many different colors and has a charming design. The cups are all dishwasher safe, but the blades have to be hand cleaned. This blender isn’t necessarily the most durable blender on the market, but it is powerful. The NutriBullet Pro is listed on Amazon for $89 and has a 1-year limited warranty.
- Incredibly powerful motor
- The giant cup has 32 oz. capacity for making large smoothies
- It comes with a 13-piece set
- The motor overheats quickly, so you have to blend in 10-second bursts
- It’s not super durable, maybe cheaply made
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how easy it was to liquefy almost anything you put in it. They also liked the recipes that came with the booklet. They didn’t find it to be too loud either. Many users found it easy to use and clean with just a drop of dish soap and water.
- Users did not like how much it leaked, as that was a common complaint. They also found it to be a bit too fast, which led to the rubber beneath the blades ripping apart. Users recommended not filling it above the fill line. They also said to only use crushed ice, and to apply ice for no more than 25% of your smoothie.
Verdict: This is one of the most powerful bullet blenders on the market. However, it’s not necessarily the highest quality.
Nutri Ninja Pro BL456
Why We Like It: The motor has a whopping 900-watts that makes it powerful enough to blend ingredients without precutting.
The Nutri Ninja Pro blender is reliable and robust. The 900-watt motor and 24 oz. cup makes it strong and big enough to compete with many countertop blenders. It comes with a cookbook containing 75 recipes, so you’ll have plenty of fun experimenting with it.
It’s definitely on the louder side due to the power of the motor. However, it comes with a manual pulse option that helps give you a smooth, even consistency. All the parts are BPA-free and dishwasher safe. The Nutri Ninja Pro costs $59.99 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- The very powerful motor is just as strong as many countertop blenders
- It’s got a large cup and small cup depending on the smoothie size you want
- The cookbook has a ton of recipes in it
- It’s very loud
- It’s pretty big and heavy, so it takes up a lot of counter space
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how sturdy the blender was and how quickly it blended the ingredients. They also found it to be pretty durable and well designed. Users complimented how simple it was and how you could clean almost everything in the dishwasher.
- Users did not like how the seal could get moldy if you don’t clean it. They also had a problem with how loud it was, although it wasn’t as loud if you didn’t use frozen ingredients. Users recommended you always clean the seal to avoid mold and said never to overfill it.
Verdict: If countertop blenders are too complicated for you, this is a simple alternative. It’s just as big and powerful but a lot less complicated.
Magic Bullet Baby Bullet
Why We Like It: It’s got such a cute little design!
The Baby Bullet is perfect for making and storing baby food. It comes with 6-date dial storage cups for storing an entire week’s worth of baby food. It also comes with a spatula, lids, and a pocket nutritionist. All the plastic is BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about toxins seeping into the baby food.
The motor has 200 watts of power, so it gives the baby food a smooth consistency. It’s small and light enough to store and take with you when traveling. The Baby Bullet is listed on Amazon for $59.99 and comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It’s got a charming design
- Comes with many accessories that make storing baby food easy
- Super great at making baby food
- Isn’t as good at making non-baby food as other bullet blenders
- The motor is pretty weak; it can’t blend harder foods
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how easy it was to use since all you have to do is push the jar down to activate. They also liked that you could date the baby food jars when storing them in the fridge. Users loved the convenience of quickly making baby food in the Baby Bullet.
- Users did not like it when the rubber dust from the band would sometimes get into the smoothie. They also found it to be pretty weak sometimes, requiring you to open and stir it occasionally. Some users complained that it broke down quickly.
Verdict: If baby food is your thing, the Baby Bullet is the choice for you. If not, stick with a more powerful bullet blender.
NutriBullet Rx N17-1001
Why We Like It: It can heat while blending, making super tasty soups and sauces.
The NutriBullet Rx comes with an outstanding 1700 watts of power that allows you to make anything from delicious frozen smoothies to piping hot soups. The blender has a 7-minute timer that heats soups and sauces. It also uses hands-free smart technology to blend to a smooth consistency.
The NutriBullet Rx comes as a 10-piece set and includes the 45 oz. container that can make batches for a family. It also comes with a small 30 oz cup and a 1-liter pitcher. This blender is a bit more expensive, listed at $149.99 with a 1-year limited warranty.
- The incredibly powerful 1700-watt motor can pulverize ingredients
- Smart technology makes it super easy to use
- It can heat while it blends
- It has a huge cup capacity
- The motor power can create a pocket between the blades and the food
- It’s very noisy
- It can give off a burning smell
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how fast it was to use. They compared it positively to a Vitamix in terms of speed and power. Users found it to be sturdy and easy to clean. They liked how little counter space it took up and that it shuts off on its own after it finishes blending.
- Users did not like that it would sometimes leak into the chamber while blending. They also didn’t like how much liquid was required to blend ingredients properly. They found it to be mediocre at making nut butters because of how much liquid as needed.
Verdict: This is one of the most convenient bullet blenders out there. If you want a blender that does all the work for you, the NutriBullet Rx is your blender.
Hamilton Beach (51101AV)
Why We Like It: It’s so cheap. You could easily buy one for work and at home!
The Hamilton Beach is a small personal blender that’s one of the most budget-friendly blenders out there. It’s got a small 14 oz. cup that fits well into most car drink holders. It’s tiny and lightweight, so you can easily take it with you when traveling.
The 175-watt motor works well with liquid and soft fruit. However, it’s not great with harder or frozen fruit. The one-touch control system is easy to use, but not very versatile. You pay for what you get with this blender, as it costs only $19.84 on Amazon. It also comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It’s very affordable
- It’s small enough to take with you anywhere
- Very simple to use and clean
- Incredibly cheap
- Motor overheats easily
- It can’t blend frozen or hard ingredients
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how well it worked for simple smoothies. They found it to be very convenient for mixing protein powders and small bits of frozen fruit. They loved that they could drink right from the jar and how easy it was to wash after. Users liked how little counter space it took up.
- Users did not like that it couldn’t handle hot liquids without cracking. They also didn’t like how easily it overheated. Many people found it useless for anything other than simple protein shakes. Users also found that they often had to stir ingredients, as they would become stuck during blending.
Verdict: If you’re looking for the cheapest option out there, the Hamilton Beach will suffice. However, you pay for what you get, so don’t expect much.
Why We Like It: It comes with Bluetooth technology so you can see the nutrition of the smoothie you’re making.
The NutriBullet Balance is definitely on the fancier side of bullet blenders. It comes with a 1200-watt motor that can handle super-tough ingredients. There are also plenty of accessories to enjoy, including extraction blades, sports cups, and lids.
The built-in Bluetooth smart nutrition sensor connects to the NutriBullet Balance app so you can track the nutrition of your smoothie. It has many essential functions, like letting you set personal nutrition goals and customize shopping lists. This blender is slightly more expensive, with a price of $137.23. It also comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Bluetooth technology and app helps you to be more nutritious
- It’s got a lot of accessories
- The motor is very powerful
- The app crashes a lot
- It’s pretty expensive
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how easy it was to track their calories and macros with the scale. The app was one of the most popular features of this blender. Most users found it to be an investment worth making. However, they did admit that a regular scale would work just as well.
- Users did not like that it didn’t blend the seeds in berries very well. Some users complained that it leaked and made a really loud noise; it was poorly made and that the warranty didn’t cover cosmetic issues. There were a few complaints that it broke after a few months.
Verdict: This is an excellent blender for the calorie counters out there. However, it might be more cost-effective to buy a scale and a cheaper bullet blender.
Oster BLSTPB-WBL My Blend
Why We Like It: It’s got a sleek-looking bottle that you can take anywhere with you and drink in style.
The Oster My Blend is another small personal bullet blender that’s incredibly affordable. It comes in several cute colors, with a dishwasher safe 20 oz. plastic sports bottle. You can easily blend your smoothie in the container, and then toss it in your backpack to take with you.
It has a 250-watt motor that’s surprisingly loud. However, the low price of $16.69 makes it well worth it. It makes a decent smoothie, although it’s not incredibly durable. But it’s cheap enough that you can buy another one. The Oster My Blend comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Cute bottle
- Easy to take on the go
- Easy to clean
- Weak motor
- Cheap materials
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how it could chop ice and frozen fruit despite the weaker motor. They found it to be incredibly convenient and easy to take on the go. They also loved how small it was and how little counter space it took up. Users recommended filling it with 50% liquid and blending for short bursts while shaking in between.
- Users did not like how quickly it broke down. They also found it to be incredibly loud, which made using it pretty tricky. One review complained that the sports bottle exploded and shattered everywhere. They said that the replacement bottle was almost as expensive as the whole blender set.
Verdict: For small protein shakes on the go, the Oster My Blend will perform in style. If you want anything more, you’ll have to spend a bit extra.
COSORI Personal Blender
Why We Like It: It comes with six stainless steel blades that chop through multiple ingredients for a smooth final product.
The COSORI Personal Blender has a decent 800-watt motor that can crush ice and other tough ingredients. It comes as a 10-piece set with sports cups and lids. The six stainless steel blades run at 23,000 RPM, easily pulverizing frozen fruit and veggies.
The auto-blend program makes it easy and convenient to use. It works by blending ingredients in 3-second intervals with 1-second breaks, shutting off after ten cycles. The COSORI Personal Blender is medium-priced at $54.67 and comes with a 2-year warranty. It also comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee and lifetime support from COSORI.
- Smart auto-blend technology
- Powerful motor and blades
- 2-year warranty and lifetime support
- Lots of accessories
- Drinking spout on-to-go lids are small
- The lid can leak
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how excellent the customer service was. One customer posted a subpar review, and COSORI immediately sent a replacement. Users also loved how well it made baby food with the auto-feature. They found it to be stellar at making soy milk as well.
- Users did not like that it would sometimes break down within a month or two. One review even claimed that their blender caught on fire. Most negative reviews complained about the blender breaking down, but there weren’t many negative reviews.
Verdict: This is one of the most highly reviewed blenders on the list. It’s a great middle of the road option in terms of price, and customer service makes it an easy choice.
Why We Like It: It comes with so many different parts!
The Cuisinart CPB-300 does not skimp when it comes to accessories. You get a 32 oz. blending jar, four 16 oz. travel cups with lids, an 8 oz. chopping cup, and two blade assemblies. This is an entire arsenal that allows the whole family to make smoothies in the morning.
It has a 350-watt motor that can blend basic ingredients. However, it isn’t strong enough to blend much ice or frozen fruit. If you put in the parts a little at a time, you can prevent the motor from overheating. It’s listed on Amazon for $54.99 and has a 3-year limited warranty.
- It comes with a ton of accessories
- It has high, low and pulse controls
- It has a safety interlock and auto stop function
- The motor is weak and overheats easily
- It can’t crush ice
- You have to add ingredients slowly
- The lids leak
What Others Are Saying:
- Users liked how small it was.They found that you could easily leave it on the counter and still have space for meal prep. They also loved the assortment of cups and lids that came with it. Users felt the quality was good and that the gaskets sealed well.
- Users did not like that the grinding blades weren’t supposed to be used with liquids. They also felt that the cups were too small because it doesn’t mix well if you fill it over halfway. Users also complained that it broke quickly and that the smell of the engine overheating was terrible.
Verdict: The weak motor and overheating engine make this a blender to avoid.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Bullet Blender
How will the blender be used?
If you’re buying a blender for commercial use, it’ll need to be heavy-duty and durable. If it’s for home use, you can get away with a cheaper quality one. You’ll also need to consider if you’ll be taking it with you to drink. If so, you want a blender that has decent to-go cups and lids that don’t leak.
What you plan on making also plays a large part in how you use the blender. If you want to use it to make things like soup or baby food, you need to make sure that it’s capable of heating and pureeing. If you like frozen smoothies, then buying a cheap bullet blender isn’t going to cut it.
You need a motor power that’s strong enough to blend the ingredients you put in it. If you love frozen smoothies, a 250-watt motor won’t suffice. However, more significant motor power isn’t always better. Too high of a motor power can make it loud and cause the motor to overheat. Choose a blender that has a high enough motor power for your needs.
Various speeds & programs
The more speeds the blender has, the more versatile it is. If you like using a blender to make frozen smoothies as well as pureed baby food, you’ll want something with different speeds. This can allow you to achieve the desired consistency for different ingredients. If you’re less picky, you can get away with a simple one-touch function.
Automated programs make it much more convenient to blend on its own. All you have to do is press a button, and the blender will blend according to a preset program. This can help prevent overheating and ensure that everything is blended. A pulse feature also helps to dislodge any unblended ingredients.
Blades design & material
A powerful motor doesn’t matter if the blades are cheap. Sturdy stainless steel blades are a must to crush through ingredients properly. You also want an efficient design that will mix the ingredients well.
Container material & capacity
BPA-free plastic is essential when it comes to the jar material. You don’t want to be exposed to toxins in what you drink. You also need a jar that’s big enough to handle the smoothie size you’re looking for. However, a smaller jar is usually better for smaller smoothies as they’re easier to clean.
Multi-functionality & versatility
If your bullet blender has added functions, this can make it a permanent fixture of your kitchen. Many bullet blenders can do things like heat soups or make nut milks. It’s worth it to spend more on a versatile blender if you like experimenting in the kitchen.
Easy to use and clean
Simplicity is one of the most critical factors in a bullet blender. If it’s not easy to use or clean, you’re missing the point of getting a bullet blender. A dishwasher safe blender will make cleanup a breeze. No one wants to have to spend a long time in the morning washing out your bullet blender by hand.
Higher motor powers tend to be noisier, so be careful when purchasing a bullet blender. Check out online reviews that mention noise level. You don’t want to wake up the whole neighborhood with your 7 am smoothie!
Many blenders come with accessories like additional to-go cups and lids, spatulas, and recipe books. These can be great for increasing the versatility of the blender. Extra cups also help the whole family use one blender between them.
Warranty & customer service
Bullet blenders often break down, so choosing one with a good warranty is essential. A lengthy warranty will cover any potential malfunctions down the line. Choose a company that has excellent customer service, because you never know how quickly they’ll respond to you.
The budget is one of the most significant factors. However, you need to consider the durability when factoring in the price. A more expensive blender may be the better choice in the long run than a cheap one that breaks.
What Are The Other Types Of Blenders You Should Consider?
Full-size blenders are suitable for families or people who want to make extra-large smoothies. If your smoothies involve a wide variety of ingredients, a full-size blender will be able to handle them all with ease. These blenders are usually more expensive but often come with attachments that give them food processor capabilities.
Personal single-serve small machines are great for people who like to make a simple smoothie for one. They can easily be taken on the go or when traveling. They’re also small enough to store and take up almost no counter space. If you want to clean the least amount of dishes when making your smoothie, a personal blender is a choice for you.
Hand blenders are perfect for making food dishes or milks. You can quickly churn up soups and chowders with an immersion blender. You can also blend some sprouted nuts and water to make delicious nut milks. Immersion blenders are mostly used for cooking rather than for making smoothies.
Conclusion: Which Bullet Blender Model Is Right For You?
Bullet blenders are an incredibly convenient addition to your kitchen. If you value speed and simplicity, you’ll love a bullet blender. They’re known for being affordable, so you shouldn’t have to spend too much to find the best bullet blender for your needs.
If you’re a big spender, the NutriBullet Rx is the best option. It’s got the most powerful motor and a wide variety of functions. This is easy to use a blender that will rival many full-size blenders.
If your budget is limited, the Magic Bullet is a great option. It’s classic and straightforward and should be able to handle your needs just fine.
My personal favorite is the COSORI Personal Blender. I love the positive Amazon reviews and how excellent their customer service is. You can’t go wrong with this affordable and powerful blender.
To choose the best bullet blender, you have to figure out what your exact needs are. Once you’ve considered what you need the blender for and how much you’re able to spend, you’re ready. Go ahead and pick one of these excellent bullet blenders and start making smoothies today!