For many health-conscious consumers, wheatgrass and its nutrition-rich derivatives are part of a daily balanced diet. Wheatgrass juice is particularly prevalent in these circles, even though you need special tools to produce it in your kitchen. If you’re looking to enjoy wheatgrass juice regularly, you must invest in the best wheatgrass juicers specifically. Not every modern juicer model up to this task, however, so it is worth your time to read this guide and learn what factors make up a productive wheatgrass juicer.
When I was young, my mom was always the type to harp on the need for myself and my siblings to “eat our greens.” She was right, of course, because those leafy green vegetables made a big difference in keeping me healthy and physically fit through my various athletic seasons.
But I was so resistant to eating my spinach and kale back then only because I couldn’t stand the taste. My opinion on that front hasn’t changed that much. But I have found better ways to eat the greens that allow me to relish every last bite (or drop, as the case may be).
Not only that, but I’ve found one new leafy green. It allows me to boost my immune system without needing to eat a full bowl of plant matter every day.
Wheatgrass was the leafy green I had been searching for all along. It has nothing to do with its taste. Instead, I’ve found wheatgrass juice – made at home with my juicer – to be a great way to enjoy the benefits of kale or spinach without the need to consume a significant volume of food. I usually have a reasonably modest appetite, so this is essential.
In light of this revelation, I tried out many of the specialized wheatgrass juicers on the market today. Now, I can confidently say that I’ve identified the best, most affordable options that any would-be wheatgrass juice drinker should try out. I’ve even learned what makes up a high-quality wheatgrass juicer and I’m ready to pass on all of this knowledge to you!
Why Do You Need a Wheatgrass Juicer?
What is wheatgrass?
If you haven’t heard of wheatgrass before, I won’t hold it against you. My local supermarket rarely carries wheatgrass in any form, requiring me to grow my own at home. Luckily, wheatgrass is pretty easy to cultivate on your terms because of its relation to common wheat plants.
Wheatgrass blades are, by definition, the verdant green sprigs that appear at the peak of a wheat plant just after it sprouts up from the dirt. These so-called “first leaves” can be harvested and used for a variety of culinary purposes, including straightforward consumption and concertation into a juice.
Wheatgrass sprigs contain a variety of nutrients and minerals that health-conscious home cooks relish, regardless of the wheatgrass’s final form. Wheatgrass is particularly nutrient-dense compared to its volume, allowing an at-home juice maker to get as many nutrients from a smaller load of wheatgrass (compared to spinach).
What is Wheatgrass Juice Health Benefits?
More often than not, wheatgrass is raised with the explicit purpose of turning it into juice. This makes sense because just a few sprigs of wheatgrass can, under the right circumstances, produce a decent yield compared to their relative size. By appearance, this wheatgrass juice carries a vibrant green color, and by taste, it can be easily combined with other juiced produce.
Like its unprocessed form, wheatgrass juice contains a great many nutrients and minerals that can promote full-body health. Among others, you’ll find a healthy dose of beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin B12, calcium, iron, and potassium in a standard glass of wheatgrass juice.
A glass of wheatgrass juice contains more protein, vitamin E, and phosphorus than comparable volumes of spinach or broccoli juice.
As you may expect, these nutrients can be used to supplement the most health-conscious diet. However, I should also dispel some of the rumors floating around about what wheatgrass juice alone is capable of accomplishing. For example, some have posited the belief that wheatgrass has some unique cancer-curing properties.
Juicer vs. Blender: Which one is Better for Wheatgrass Juice?
When most folks hop on the wheatgrass bandwagon, they usually jump to conclusions about what home appliances are capable of producing an ample yield of juice. Naturally, most people assume that a blender can accomplish the job, given its role in the smoothie making process. However, as you’ll see, a juicer remains your best bet for at-home wheatgrass juice production.
Many homeowners already own a blender, so it only makes sense to try it out for at-home wheatgrass juice production before sinking money into a separate appliance. But as many folks have learned, a standard blender can do little more than tear your wheatgrass sprigs apart without procuring almost any juice.
What’s more, blenders tend to operate at such high speeds that any juice prized from the wheatgrass sprigs will be sprayed all around the internal chamber. This makes it difficult to accumulate an even half-respectable yield efficiently. Most kitchen blenders also don’t include a built-in spout, making it difficult to pour out any procured juice without removing the entire pitcher apparatus.
Meanwhile, an electric or manual juicer is what you need to accomplish your at-home juicing an efficient and prosperous manner. Juicers are engineered to prize juice out of a piece of produce by degrading its structural integrity. Throughout the juicing process, this allows for more juice to be progressively drawn out and collected through an outputting spout system.
Most consumer-grade juicers are relatively affordable, also, especially if you intend to make homemade wheatgrass juice regularly. As such, a new juicer can quickly be paid off in short order when you stop needing to buy wheatgrass juice from the grocery store or a juice bar.
Which appliance is best for making wheatgrass juice?
You are not going to find a better appliance for producing your wheatgrass juice than a specialized juicer. In particular, masticating juicers are among the best suited for this job due to their low operational speeds and chewing-like extraction method. That being said, almost any juicer type will be able to juice wheatgrass with a little practice and insertion technique applied.
What Type of Juicer is Best Suited for Wheatgrass Juice?
Manual juicers come in many shapes and sizes, but they all amount to a joint-based method of applying pressure to a ripe piece of produce. This pressure causes juice, as well as pulp and seeds, to be forced out and collected. While this method can be used for wheatgrass, it is very labor-intensive. In effect, a manual juicer is only ideal for those who want a great deal of control over the amount of pressure applied to their produce.
Masticating Juicers – the best for making wheatgrass juice
Masticating juicers are, by far, the best option for those looking to juice wheatgrass regularly. That is because these models use an electric-powered motor to grind teeth-like augers together, causing a progressive yield of juice to flow out. This yield is more copious than through other extraction methods due to the slow speeds at which the juice is prized from the original produce.
Horizontal vs. Vertical Juicers
Most masticating juicers are manufactured with a horizontal form factor, causing them to regularly take up an excessive amount of countertop space. Despite this one drawback, horizontal and vertical juicers operate with an equal degree of efficiency.
Best Masticating Juicers for Wheatgrass Reviews
Omega J8006HDC Masticating Juicer
Why We Like It: The Omega J8006HDC is, in many ways, the classic horizontal wheatgrass juicer. As such, it’s no surprise that this model provides a reliable yield as a result of its dual-stage mastication process. Also, its inclusion of nutrition center components makes it multifunctional beyond juicing pursuits alone.
- Two horsepower motor
- Dual-stage mastication process
- Five adjustable pressure settings
- Quiet operation
- Can reach up to 80 RPMs for efficient mastication juicing
- Includes nutrition center components for making pasta and grinding coffee
- Remarkable 15-year warranty extends lifespan substantially
- Takes up more countertop space as a horizontal juicer
Omega J8006HDC Features
- Motor Power. This model features a two horsepower motor that is surprisingly beefy for a masticating juicer. As such, you can count on it to remain reliable and at peak performance throughout the unit’s lifespan.
- Speed. While operation, this model’s internal extraction system can reach up to 80 RPMs. While that may not sound fast, it is actually on the faster side among its masticating juicer competitors.
- Size & Weight. As with all horizontal juicers, this model takes up slightly more space than most kitchen appliances. But even so, you should be able to move it from shelf to countertop with ease due to its 17.45 lbs weight.
- Usability. Regardless of whether you are using this model’s juicer or its supplemental nutrition center components, you’ll be able to handle this unit’s core operations after a quick read through the user’s guide.
- Chute Size. This Omega model makes use of a reasonably modest-sized chute, making pre-cutting necessary if you intend to process any standard fruits or vegetables. Despite this, a regular pinch of wheatgrass should fit down this model’s chute without any risk of clogging.
- Noise Level. This model is remarkably quiet, even when it is loaded up with wheatgrass and other produce. Even on empty, you shouldn’t expect this model to disturb anyone else in your kitchen.
- Ease of Cleaning. Cleaning up this unit may take a little practice, given its nooks and crannies. But despite that, most of its plastic components are resistant to corrosion caused by acidic produce.
- Special Features. The Omega J8006HDC is best known for its inclusion of the “nutrition center” suite of add-ons. These easy-to-install components allow users to make everything, including baby food, coffee grounds, and soymilk.
- Warranty. The Omega J8006HDC’s 15-year warranty is hands down the longest in its class. As such, you can count on this juicer to remain a viable option for nearly a decade (or even longer)!
There is a reason why the Omega J8006HDC is one of the best-selling juicers in its class. Between its outstanding specifications and its exceptionally extended warranty, it truly is surprising that this model carries an affordable price tag.
Breville BJS600XL Centrifugal Juicer
Why We Like It: The Breville BJS600XL brings a trusted juicer brand into the masticating extraction class. As such, this model and its built-in filtering system can obtain a reliable wheatgrass juice yield that is free of pulp.
- 240-watt motor
- Reverse function
- Filter basket with auto-purifying capabilities
- Two-step safety system
- The built-in filter basket can purify juice as it is extracted
- Two-step safety system requires all parts to be installed properly before powering on
- A reverse function can be used to dislodged jams efficiently
- Harder to clean than most comparable models
Breville BJS600XL Masticating Juicer Features
- Motor Power. This model’s 240-watt motor is undoubtedly stronger than most of its competitors, especially when paired with a single auger masticating system. As such, this unit won’t ever face trouble crushing through your favorite types of dense produce.
- Speed. This juicer is slow, and there are no two ways around it. But in exchange for its snail-like pace, you’ll receive an exceptional juice quality that faster centrifugal juicers cannot match.
- Size & Weight. The Breville BJS600XL’s size and weight are relatively modest, at only 8.6 x 7.4 x 16.3 inches and 14 lbs., respectively. As such, this model won’t be a hassle to store or transport to and from your kitchen shelf.
- Safety Features. Like many models from this manufacturer, the Breville BJS600XL makes use of a safety suite that doesn’t allow the motor to initiate unless each component is installed correctly. In action, these features can keep both the appliance and the operator safe from accidental harm.
- Chute Size. This model’s feed chute is reasonably small compared to all juicing appliance. That being said, its circumference is comparable to other masticating-style units and will be plenty wide enough for the insertion of wheatgrass sprigs.
- Noise Level. This Breville unit is whisper-soft, despite its comparatively high-powered motor. Some of this unit’s noise deadening qualities can be chalked up to its casing, which thicker than most other single-auger juicers.
- Ease of Cleaning. Cleaning this model can be a bit of hassle, requiring you to flush out the entire system after every use. The scrub brush that comes with this unit can simplify this task, especially after processing fibrous wheatgrass.
- Assembly Difficulty. Assembling most of this model is a cinch because it uses the same connection system as other Breville juicers. Accordingly, you won’t need to apply almost any extra force to snap each component back into place after cleaning.
- Special Features. The Breville BJS600XL’s built-in filtering system is unique, especially for users who only want the purest-tasting wheatgrass juice. This basket can hold in undesirable pulp and particles while allowing the juice to pass through unimpeded.
- Warranty. This model’s 1-year warranty is nothing special, but it will be useful in gaining a refund or replacement if your unit arrives with any manufacturing defect.
The Breville BJS600XL does have a few shortcomings, especially when it comes to warranties and ease of cleaning. But even so, few other masticating juicers provide such a high quality of wheatgrass juice, which is a direct result of this model’s unique filtering/purifying system.
Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer
Why We Like It: This Aicok brand masticating juicer is among the most affordable ways to try out at-home wheatgrass juice making due to its mid-range price tag. Also, its re-engineered spiral extraction system allows this model to turn a productive yield while minimizing oxidation.
- The upgraded 7-sprial extraction mechanism
- 80 RPM max speed
- The 60-decibel operational noise level
- PMMA safe plastics used throughout
- Provides plenty of produce contact across an upgraded juicing spiral
- Plastics won’t degrade in the presence of acidic produce
- Remains very quiet, even when empty
- The motor can only run for 20 minutes before heating up
Aicok Slow Masticating Features
- Motor Power. This model is listed as making use of a “heavy-duty” motor, though its precise power rating is not clear.
- Speed. When at full power, this model can top out at 80 RPMs. This is comparable to many similarly designed horizontal juicer units.
- Size & Weight. For the amount of space this model takes up (16.1 x 7.9 x 11.6 inches), you might expect this model to weigh more. But indeed, its use of a unique plastic-type allows it to weight only around 9 lbs.
- Ease of Cleaning. This masticating juicer will take a bit of adjusting to using efficiently. Its spiral extraction system can be a bit finicky when it comes to feeding in fibrous produce such as wheatgrass.
- Chute Size. Like other models in its class, this model’s chute measures in at around 1” in diameter. This should be just large enough to fit in a respectable amount of wheatgrass with the help of the plunger.
- Noise Level. This Aicok brand masticating juicer operates with a remarkably low volume, even compared to models that cost twice as much. It’s hard to beat a juicer that only produces 60 decibels of sound while in use.
- Ease of Cleaning. Cleaning this model shouldn’t be too difficult, as long as you remember to soak its filtering basket as soon as you are finished wheatgrass juicing.
- Assembly Difficulty. The only significant parts of this model that come apart are its filter and extracting spiral. Both lock back into place pretty well, with only some loss of connectivity over time.
- Special Features. As noted, this model makes use of an updated extraction spiral that far outranks previous iterations from Aicok. In-House testing has shown that this spiral is uniquely capable of prizing up to 60% of the juice locked in a single sprig of wheatgrass.
- Warranty. With a 2-year warranty, you should have plenty of time to adjust to this model’s regular operation and determine whether or not it meets your at-home juicing expectations and goals.
While this Aicok brand masticating juicer may not be perfect, it is relatively productive given its lower-than-average price tag. Moreover, this model represents an improvement over previous offerings from this manufacturer, making it a wise choice for those looking to get into at-home juicing without breaking the bank.
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer Elite C7000S
Why We Like It: This model’s extra-wide feed chute allows us to insert a whole handful of wheatgrass at once, speeding up my juicing process substantially.
- 60 RPM top speed
- 3” wide feed chute
- Customizable sieve
- 10-year warranty
- The drip-free cap prevents a mess from a spout
- Can also be used to make frozen desserts such as sorbet
- 10-year warranty is among the best in the industry
- Expensive compared to similar vertical juicers
Kuvings C7000S Features
- Motor Power. This model’s 240-watt motor makes use of a brushless architecture that reduces friction and allows the overall unit to perform for longer with decreasing overall efficiency.
- Speed. This model’s 60 RPM top speed is ideal for processing wheatgrass without destroying the sprig’s structural integrity.
- Size & Weight. This model’s dimensions are pretty respectable, especially for a vertically-oriented unit. In total, it only weighs 16 lbs. across its 9 x 8 x 17.5-inch dimensions.
- Ease of Cleaning. Using the Kuvings C7000S is exceptionally easy, especially when it comes to the insertion process. This model’s detachable hopper, in particular, makes it easy to coral wheatgrass as it is being inserted into the appliance.
- Chute Size. This model’s 3” extra-wide chute also adds to its overall ease of use. While wheatgrass will slip through this chute without any resistance, even whole apples and carrots can be put through this chute without precutting.
- Noise Level. Like most masticating juicers, the Kuvings C7000S operates without hardly any noise. This makes it a real asset for those working in an active or crowded kitchen setting.
- Ease of Cleaning. The Kuvings C7000S comes with a specialized cleaning tool that is made to free up and remove all particulate matter caught in this model’s filter basket. As such, you’ll rarely need to soak this model’s filter for more than a few seconds.
- Assembly Difficulty. Assembling the Kuvings C7000S takes only a few minutes. Follow the instructions in the user’s manual, and you’re sure to memorize the exact assembly process in just a try or two.
- Special Features. Interestingly, this model is capable of also making sorbet inside its extraction chamber. Insert the appropriate ingredients with the “blank” filter basket in place, and you’ll quickly turn out a flavorful and fresh after-dinner dessert.
- Warranty. Most juicers aren’t designed to last more than a decade. As such, you can expect the Kuvings C7000S to remain within its warranty for the majority of its lifespan, allowing you to save money if it ever requires a replacement part.
Altogether, the Kuvings C7000S provides a productive and flexible juicing experience that makes full use of its customized pulp strainer and 3” feed chute. Those who are looking to use their juicer every day for the foreseeable future will also have a hard time beating this model’s extended 10-year warranty.
Champion Juicer – Commercial Heavy Duty Juicer – Black – G5- PG710
Why We Like It: This model stands up the corrosion typically produced within specialized wheatgrass strainers by making use of stainless steel components through its architecture.
- 1.75” stainless steel shaft and chute
- Wide funnel-style hopper
- 10-year warranty of stainless steel cutting blades
- Built-in homogenizer
- 1.75” chute allows for more efficient juice production
- The multi-level warranty covers both blades and motor
- Can also be used to make ice cream, baby food, and more
- 1/3 horsepower engine is lower than competitors
Champion Juicer Features
- Motor Power. Admittedly, this model’s 1/3 horsepower engine is a bit meager compared to the competition. Still, it can remain a viable option over time due to a specialized warranty covering its continued operation.
- Speed. Unfortunately, the Champion juicer loses some credit as a quality juicer to due to its lack of top speed rating in its listings.
- Size & Weight. This model can be a bit of space how what with its 17 x 7 x 10-inch dimensions. Along the same lines, it is a little bit hefty due to its 23 lbs. weight.
- Ease of Cleaning. This model’s instructions are not the clearest, at least for a novice at-home juice maker. As such, you may need to experiment a bit more before finding the ideal method for juicing wheatgrass with this hardware.
- Chute Size. This model’s 1.75-inch chute is undoubtedly more massive than the industry standard. It allows you to insert a hefty amount of wheatgrass into the juicer’s extraction chamber.
- Noise Level. The Champion juicer certainly lives up to the standard set by other masticating juicers because it makes very little noise while in operation.
- Ease of Cleaning. Due to its use of black-colored plastic throughout, it can be rather difficult to evaluate whether or not you have correctly cleaned out this unit with a simple spot check.
- Special Features. This model’s stainless steel blades stand out, especially in an appliance class that tends to prefer using plastic or rubber extraction tools. Due to their metallic composition, you can count on them to tear through wheatgrass and other produce for ten or more years.
- Warranty. The Champion juicer makes use of a two-tiered warranty system that covers two of its most essential components. This coverage policy lasts for ten years for this unit’s blade system and three years for this unit’s motor.
Truthfully, the Champion juicer can be a bit of a hassle to use if you lack experience with at-home juicing. But once you learn its quirks, you’ll be able to make use of this model’s wide feed chute and smaller-than-average motor without hesitation.
Best Twin-Gear (Triturating) Juicers for Wheatgrass Reviews
Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Juicer
Why We Like It: The Tribest GSE-5050 twin auger juicer packs in more technological innovations than any other high-end masticating juicer on the market. This includes a specialized implementation of cold press technology, which ensures that every drop of wheatgrass juice from this model is as nutritious as possible.
- Magnetic, twin gear motor
- Cold press extraction method
- Comes with homogenizing accessories
- 12-year warranty
- 110 RPM top speed allows for efficient wheatgrass processing
- Can be used to make sorbet and nut butters with homogenizing accessories
- Simple pressure adjustment system prevents clogging
- Faces some trouble with more dense produce (such as beets)
Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite Features
- Motor Power. The Tribest GSE-5050’s 200-watt motor makes use of an innovative new twin gear design. The system maximizes its torque while still maintaining the unit’s top operational speed.
- Speed. At 110 RPM, this model’s operational speed may feel hasty. But even for its speed, this unit does not compromise on efficiency due to the architecture of its proprietary augers.
- Size & Weight. With measurements at 18.6 x 6.8 x 12.4 inches, this model certainly takes up more than its fair share of counter space. That being said, it is far lighter than its appearance lets on, at only 17.2 lbs.
- Ease of Cleaning. If you can afford it, this model is one of the best for going from a novice to a master juice maker in no time. That’s because this model’s proprietary masticating extraction system effectively eliminates the need to guess about how much wheatgrass to insert at one time.
- Chute Size. While this model’s chute size is relatively small, it is supplemented through the use of its flat, tray-like hopper. This platform allows you to stage each successive wheatgrass load, thus allowing for the continuous juicing process.
- Noise Level. Compared to some other masticating juicers, the Tribest GSE-5050 does produce some noticeable noise. But in relative terms, this operational noise is not a bother at all.
- Ease of Cleaning. Along with appliance, you’ll also receive several specialized cleaning brushes and scraper tools. These, in turn, cut the time required to clean out this model’s filter in half, even without presoaking.
- Assembly Difficulty. So long as you carefully read through this model’s owner’s manual, you shouldn’t have any trouble assembling and disassembling it in under a minute.
- Special Features. Typically, cold press extraction is limited to a separate class of juicers. But the Tribest GSE-5050 acts as a hybrid between masticating juicers and cold press juicers, allowing at-home juice makers to get the most out of every glass of wheatgrass juice that they consume.
- Warranty. This model’s 12-year warranty certainly outpaces its expected lifespan. As such, you should reliably be able to get the replacement parts you need for it after more than a decade in use.
The Tribest GSE-5050’s “elite” title feels fitting given how far this model raises the bar for masticating juicers. In other words, it’s hard to compete with (and hard to ignore) a consumer-grade masticating juicer that implements cold press extraction alongside a twin gear motor.
Tribest GS-P502 Greenstar Pro Commercial Cold Press Juicer
Why We Like It: The Tribest GS-P502 certainly is a pro when it comes to enhancing and simplifying the wheatgrass juice production process. Not only are its twin jumbo-sized gears efficient, but its innovative locking system makes it easy to disassemble when it’s clean up time.
- Twin stainless steel extraction gears
- Available in 120 and 220-volt compatibility
- 110 RPM top speed
- New locking mechanism
- The new locking mechanism allows this model to be disassembled in seconds
- Twin gear extraction ideal for everything from wheatgrass to carrots
- A wood plunger is particularly useful for driving down wheatgrass sprigs
- Comes with a near professional-grade price tag
Tribest GS-P502 Greenstar Pro Features
- Motor Power. Frankly, this model’s 165-watt motor is a good bit more potent than any masticating juicer needs. Even so, you can be sure that this motor will ever fail to drive its twin gear extractor system through a solid piece of produce.
- Speed. A 110 RPM operational speed rating certainly shows that this model is capable of working through a full tray of wheatgrass in just a few minutes.
- Size & Weight. To put it lightly, the Tribest GS-P502 is large and in charge. It measures in at 18.6 x 6.8 x 12.4 inches and 26 pounds, making it less than ideal for use in small kitchens.
- Ease of Use. The Tribest GS-P502 is plenty easy to use, despite its “pro” moniker. Novice and veteran at-home juice makers alike agree that this model provides very few reasons to ever become frustrated with its performance.
- Chute Size. Like other models in the Tribest GS-P502’s family, this model’s relatively thin feed chute is complemented by a platter-like hopper that allows for the staging of successive wheatgrass loads.
- Ease of Cleaning. The Tribest GS-P502 comes with an assortment of specialized cleaning tools, including brushes and scrapers. They will allow you to clean this juicer and reuse it each day without needing to hand wash its core components repeatedly.
- Assembly Difficulty. This model makes use of a new locking mechanism that allows users to loosen several of the appliance’s key components from a single location. This, in turn, simplifies reassembly after a full cleaning has taken place.
- Special Features. The Tribest GS-P502 makes fantastic use of its twin gear mastication system, even compared to other so-called “pro” models. This can be seen immediately, both in terms of the output juice’s quality and the output pulp’s dryness.
- Warranty. So long as you purchase this model through an authorized retailer, you’ll gain the benefit of a 15-year warranty that will easily outlast this model’s productive lifespan.
The Tribest GS-P502 does manage to live up to its “pro” title, between its exceptionally powerful motor and twin gear extraction system. That being said, this model’s price tag may make it available only to people who plan to use their juicer every single day.
Best Manual Juicers for Wheatgrass Juice Reviews
Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Stainless Steel Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
Why We Like It: The Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane is undoubtedly a purpose-built device, almost like a meat grinder but for wheatgrass. In that vein, all of this model’s stainless steel components stand up to the test of time and remain reliable through hundreds of uses.
- Stainless steel construction
- Dishwasher safe
- Ultra-fine filter
- Manual powered
- The crank-style operation allows for flexible pressure and operational speed
- Can be mounted to almost any countertop
- Affordably priced for entry-level at-home juice makers
- May become tiring to use for a long juicing session
Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Juicer Features
- Size & Weight. This model mounts onto the side of a counter, so its 11.8 x 8.5 x 5.2-inch dimensions won’t hog up any countertop space. Also, this model’s rubber grip feet prevent its 6.79 lbs weight from leaving dents in your counter.
- Ease of Use. This model can become a bit tiresome to use if they are not physically adjusted to its cranking motion. But even so, you’ll quickly find a technique that provides you enough comfort while processing your desired wheatgrass.
- Chute Size. This model’s chute is as large as the main body itself, allowing you to insert an entire handful of wheatgrass in at one time.
- Noise Level. Due to this model’s manual operation, it makes little to noise beyond the occasional clink of stainless steel components hitting together.
- Ease of Cleaning. Many of this model’s stainless steel components are dishwasher safe. This allows you to juice your wheatgrass and gets on your day without needing to hand wash each part immediately.
- Assembly Difficulty. This model is designed to mount onto any 2.25” thick countertop, allowing you to install it and begin using it right out of the box in most kitchens.
- Special Features. Though it may sound unusual, this model’s manual operation style is its most unique feature. That’s because it provides particular at-home juice makers with the flexibility they desire when it comes to operating speed and extraction pressure.
- Warranty. This model’s 5-year limited warranty isn’t too shabby, primarily because most manual juicers used to lack a warranty at all.
If you’re going to choose just one manual juicer, then it should be the Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane. This model provides enough durability, performance, and flexibility to keep up with the needs of almost any at-home juice maker.
The Original Healthy Juicer (Lexen GP27) – Manual Juicer for Wheatgrass and any other Leafy Greens.
Why We Like It: The Lexen GP27 is more affordably priced than any other manual juicer on the market. It makes an excellent way for novice juice makers to enjoy this nutritious drink without needing to invest in a serious piece of hardware.
- Secure-locking suction base
- BPA-free auger with stainless steel tip
- Compact, lightweight form factor
- Affordably priced
- Can be transported easily due to lightweight and the suction-cup base
- Easy to identify jams through the clear plastic body
- Plastic components may crack over time
The Original Healthy Juicer (Lexen GP27) Features
- Size & Weight. This model is absolutely the lightest option in its class, at only 2.43 lbs. Similarly, it is among the most compact options due to its 5.5 x 8.3 x 7.5-inch dimensions.
- Ease of Use. If you’ve never used a manual juicer before, then it may take a bit of time to build up the strength needed to do it for long periods. But in time, you’ll be able to use this juicer for whole hours at a time without needing a break.
- Chute Size. This model makes use of a cone-shaped funnel chute. This chute shape is ideal for keeping your inserted wheatgrass from spilling out while also preventing it from bunching up too much and causing clogs while it is processed.
- Noise Level. N/A (Plastic components make no noise during manual operation)
- Ease of Cleaning. This model makes use of plastic components throughout its interior and exterior architecture. As such, it can be dipped in soapy water for a quick bath as soon as you finish using it.
- Special Features. This model’s suction cup mounting device is unlike anything else used by its manual juicer competitors. Because this cup releases with the simple turn of a knob, this model is also among the most portable in its class.
- Warranty. This manual juicer only offers a 30-day guarantee, which is certainly not enough to cover this model for even a small part of its lifespan.
Despite its very affordable price tag, the Lexen GP27 comes with some productive features. They include a clear plastic body and suction cup base – that we wish other, more reliable models would also embrace.
Happybuy Wheatgrass Extractor
Why We Like It: This model is an affordable entry in the stainless steel manual juicer category, allowing individuals like myself to pick an option that meets both my standards and my budget.
- 304 stainless steel construction
- Ergonomic wood handle
- Corkscrew auger
- Rubber mounting feet
- Won’t leave marks on 2.25” thick countertops due to rubber feet
- Steel components resist more corrosion than plastic competitors
- Can be unmounted and moved with just a quick clamp turn
- Made in China
Happybuy Wheatgrass Extractor Features
- Size & Weight. This model’s 11.9 x 8 x 4.1-inch dimensions won’t stick out too far once it is safely mounted on your countertop. That mounting process shouldn’t be much of a hassle on account of its 5.9 lbs weight.
- Ease of Use. Like most manual juicers, you’ll need to practice with this model a bit before you find an insertion and cranking procedure that is both efficient and requires a minimal amount of physical exertion.
- Chute Size. This manual juicer’s chute is reasonably wide, especially compared to its electric-powered competitors. Its opening is also flared, allowing inserted wheatgrass sprigs to rest gently and loosely as they are fed in.
- Noise Level. As long as you are maintaining this juicer regularly, you shouldn’t expect a single squeak from any of its movable components.
- Assembly Difficulty. Mounting this model to your counter requires less than a minute of your time. Place it against an appropriately-sized countertop ledge and tighten the metal clamp until the unit is secure.
- Special Features. This model’s ergonomic wood handle is a small but productive feature that will prevent your hand from growing fatigued during an extended juicing session.
- Warranty. This model does not list a warranty, which is disappointing for shoppers in search of added assurance of this model’s quality and reliability.
In review, the Happybuy Wheatgrass Extractor is an excellent stainless steel manual juicer for those who don’t want to shell out much money. While it may be less durable as a result of this price drop, it also provides some productive tradeoffs in the form of a more ergonomic wooden handle.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing a Wheatgrass Juicer
- Juice Quality. Juice quality is an absolute imperative when comparing prospective juicer models. You should always review user testimonials before settling on a particular model. While doing so, be sure to analyze any mention of texture and nutritional content in that model’s juice product.
- Juice Yield. When it comes to wheatgrass juicing, the yield is essential. Here again, user reviews can provide you a great deal of insight into the expected volume of juice produced through a juicer’s conventional extraction processes.
- What Fruits and Vegetables It Can Juice. Before purchasing a particular juicer, ensure that its core specifications will be able to handle your preferred produce types without damaging the appliance. This is especially important when it comes to wheatgrass, as many popular models cannot control the leafy sprigs without wasting a lot of their juice.
- Motor Power. All-electric juicers include a motor to drive their internal extraction system. In the case of masticating juicers, their motors need not be extra strong (gauged in “watts”) due to the rather gentle nature of its slow chewing-like action.
- Operational Speed. Often, operational speeds are based upon a particular model’s motor capacity. A larger engine, in turn, allows for more efficient juicing. When it comes to masticating juicers, though, speed will never need to be a consideration because their extraction method explicitly relies on their slow operation.
- Weight & Dimensions. A juicer’s weight and dimensions may have some impact on your selection process, depending on the limitations of your kitchen space. Those with a lot of countertop and shelf space, for example, should feel confident purchasing a bulkier model, while those with limited space on either front should rely on more compact models.
- Ease of Use. An easy-to-use juicer is essential, especially for novice at-home juice makers. Luckily, most of the top tier models included in this guide feature a low learning curve, even when it comes to juicing wheatgrass.
- Chute Size. Some juicers feature a chute through which produce may be inserted. Though the sizing of this chute may be necessary for those looking to sizable juice produce, this specification will be less relevant to those focused on juicing wheatgrass alone.
- Noise Level. Juicers have become synonymous with producing as much sound as a blender while in operation. But this shortcoming simply isn’t present in most wheatgrass juicers due to their reliance on slow, progressive extraction methods that do not require loud metal blades.
- Durability. Naturally, you’ll want to pick out a model that is built from components that won’t crack or corrode after just a few uses. Usually, durability can be gauged based upon the types of plastics and metals used throughout a particular model’s interior and exterior.
- Ease of Cleaning. Juicing can be a messy business, requiring some extra attention when it comes to clean up. Luckily, many of the best modern models make use of dishwasher safe components that can cut your cleanup time in half.
- Warranty. Those who expect to use their wheatgrass juicer for the long-term should find a model with a viable warranty. Such a warranty can ensure that you aren’t paying out of pocket to maintain your favorite juicer for most of its lifespan.
Wheatgrass Juicer FAQ
Q. How much wheatgrass should you drink a day?
A. Compared to other forms of juiced produce, wheatgrass is exceptionally dense when it comes to dissolved nutrient content (including beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin B12, vitamin E, calcium, iron, and protein). As a result, most folks only need around 1 – 4 oz. of this juice per day to maximize their nutrient absorption. Accompanying this intake with an 8 oz. glass of water can also help your absorption rate.
Q. What is the best time to drink wheatgrass juice?
A. When you get down to it, any time of day is ideal for boosting your immune system with a shot or two of wheatgrass juice. However, many folks like to make their wheatgrass juice intake part of a routine. As such, a pre-work consumption (with breakfast) works for most commuters, while others may favor drinking down their daily wheatgrass juice following a brisk workout.
Q. How do you drink wheatgrass juice?
A. I prefer to add my daily dose of wheatgrass to a more substantial concoction of fruit and vegetable juice. This makes the wheatgrass juice far more palatable while also supercharging a standard smoothie with a more vibrant array of nutrients and minerals. Most days, I make a green smoothie made up of 1 apple, one orange, ½ cucumber, and 2 oz. of wheatgrass juice.
Q. Does wheatgrass give you energy?
A. Generally speaking, wheatgrass juice can undoubtedly provide you with the extra pep you need before starting a long day of work or after finishing an exhausting workout. In particular, wheatgrass’ vitamin content can help you feel more alert and attentive after consuming it in juice form.
Q. How long can you keep fresh wheatgrass juice?
A. Unlike many fresh produce juices, wheatgrass juice can be kept safely and sanitarily for up to a full seven day week. That being said, wheatgrass juice is always best if it is used in the first 24 hours to avoid the breakdown of the juice’s dissolved vitamin and mineral content.