If you simply want to make delicious fruit and vegetable juices at home, then you’ll find a few juicers that can rival the Breville 800JEXL.
What can I say? I’ve been on a health kick lately. But even while I’ve been trying to fit in time for exercise every day before or after work, I know that I also need to start eating better to take full advantage of these daily workouts.
That’s when it came to me – rather than buying a fruit-based smoothie after leaving the gym each day I could make my own at home!
After searching the market and asking other friends at the gym, I finally committed to adding the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite to my kitchen. Suffice to say; this juicer hasn’t disappointed me.
To learn more about this juicer’s outstanding specifications, features, and performance, read on and discover why this juicer has become a cornerstone in my kitchen.
Breville 800JEXL Review Summary
In short, the Breville 800JEXL is one of it’s brand’s top offerings when it comes to juicers. This model packs professional-grade construction and functionality into a consumer-grade package that is both easy-to-operate and affordable.
I’ve always been a fan of Breville products, and now, I have even more reasons to recommend their products to you.
Juice Quality: 9 – This juicer’s unique extraction system results in an unbeatable juice consistency.
Ease of Use: 9 – A simplified insertion system makes for efficient and hassle-free juice production.
Features: 8.5 – Very quiet while in use, especially considering its high power rating.
Performance: 8.5 – With a 1,000 watt motor at its core, this juicer won’t shy away from any tough fruit or stringy vegetable.
Versatility: 7.0 – Two-speed settings – at 6,500 rpm and 13,000 rpm, respectively – provide some options for juicing soft and hard produce
Ease of Cleaning: 8.5 – This model’s stainless steel components come apart easily and can be freed of residual pulp quickly and efficiently.
- Heavy-duty 1000 watt motor can power blades at between 6,500 rpm (low) and 13,000 rpm (high)
- The wide feed chute (3-inch) makes it easy to juice wide fruits without pre-cutting
- Die-cast aluminum and stainless steel components are durable and aesthetically appealing
- Titanium blades won’t lose edge for a long time
- Safety locking arm prevents operation when the lid is ajar
- High-speed settings sometimes cause leakage in bowl
- Filtering and extraction system not optimized to juice leafy greens
The Bottom Line:
All in all, the Juice Fountain Elite juicer manages to provide a great deal of reliable performance and durability for folks who want to produce unbearably flavorful fruit and vegetable juice at home. But the model falls a bit flat when it comes to extracting juice from leafy vegetables. When it comes down to brass tacks, the juicer is among the best juicer options for your dollar although it costs a bit more than its competitors. You’ll quickly appreciate that this premium price tag signals premium-grade performance that was previously unattainable outside of your local juice bar.
Why Breville 800JEXL Juicer?
On their face, a juicer can look enticing to most homeowners. Who wouldn’t love the ability to efficiently produce extra fresh fruit and vegetable juice for serving their family?
But as it stands, the 800JEXL is best suited for folks who intend to use their juicer regularly. Most juicers take up valuable countertop space, so it’s worthwhile to purchase a juicer if you want to use its juice as a source of concentrated nutrients.
On the other hand, though, folks who regularly juice leafy vegetables should steer clear of the 800JEXL. Its titanium-reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are optimally able to juice any fruit or vegetable.
The Breville 800JEXL’s falls short when it comes to extracting juice from Wheatgrass, Kale, Spinach, and other similar leafy green vegetables.
Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL Overview
Breville 800JEXL Design
- Type of Juicer: Centrifugal
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 9 x 16 inches
- Feed Chute Size: 3 inches
- Weight: 17.2 pounds
- Base Color: Stainless steel
At its core, the Breville 800JEXL is a centrifugal high-speed juicer produced in Australia by one of the industry leaders in reliable kitchen appliances.
In terms of basic operation, this means that the Breville 800JEXL uses a rapidly whirling disc system to simultaneously strain and extract (through circular momentum) juice from inserted fruits and vegetables.
This process tends to remove more pulp and fiber as well, providing the user with a smoother juice product overall.
Speaking of the Breville 800JEXL’s juice product, you’ll have to search far and wide to procure a juicer that can match this model’s production quality.
Current users (myself included) agree that this model’s smooth, flavorful output matches restaurant-quality smoothies every time. This model’s foam-blocking mechanism even ensures that very few bubbles make their way into your finished product.
All of this is made possible through a productive core of productive components. This model’s 1000 watt motor, for example, can reach speeds of 13,000 rpm on its high setting, all without producing an abundance of operational noise.
This model is also built from toe to tip with durable, performance-driven materials, such as its titanium-reinforced disc blade and stainless steel exterior.
Some prospective buyers have expressed doubts about the Breville 800JEXL’s versatility when it comes to juicing vegetables. These doubts are, in part, justified because this model struggles to efficiently extract a large volume of juice from a variety of leafy greens.
Those looking to mix up their nutritional intake may consider purchasing an auxiliary auger to supplement the Breville 800JEXL’s capabilities.
What Can Breville 800JEXL Juicer Make?
When it comes to handling soft produce, the Breville 800JEXL manages to maintain its high-speed functionality while still managing to collect every last drop of flavorful juice.
The Breville 800JEXL’s low-speed setting at 6,500 RPMs, for example, is best suited for soft produce like blueberries, bananas, and strawberries.
Meanwhile, this model’s high-speed setting at 13,000 RPMs can break down and extract a high volume of hard produce, such as apples, oranges, and carrots.
You can be sure that your favorite juice mixture will be ready in mere minutes when you use the Breville 800JEXL.
The Breville 800JEXL’s single major heel arises when leafy greens are introduced into the equation. I’ve found that it isn’t optimized for extracting a decent volume of liquid from each leaf.
As a result, you may need to grind up more spinach or kale than usual to attain a regular amount of leafy green juice.
Test Results from Consumer Reports
Consumer Reports (CR), a trusted source for consumer-oriented product reviews, has even evaluated the Breville 800JEXL passed upon its core performance and user-friendliness.
So, don’t just take my word for it. Even the professionals believe that the Breville 800JEXL stands out in the current juicer market:
- Convenience. Based on its feed tube size and anti-drip spout, Consumer Reports gave the Breville 800JEXL a “Very Good” rating for its overall convenience. CR also noted that this model’s inclusion of a juice container brush made it particularly convenient to maintain between uses.
- Juicing Performance. When it came to juicing performance, Consumer Reports also gave the Breville 800JEXL a “Very Good” rating. This was based on this juicer’s ability to extract a proportionally large volume of smooth, flavorful apple juice in a brief period.
- Noise As far as noise is concerned, the Breville 800JEXL only earned a “Good” rating. This was based upon the volume of operational noise produced by this juicer after running on empty for 30 seconds. This rating did not account for the Breville 800JEXL’s operational noise while actively juicing a piece of fruit or a vegetable stalk.
- Ease of Use The Breville 800JEXL also earned a “Very Good” rating for its overall ease of use. In particular, the Consumer Reports team hailed this model’s simplified assembly and dissembling in its evaluation. The team also reported how easy it was to externally and internally clean the Breville 800JEXL after use.
Breville 800JEXL Features
- Motor Power. The Breville 800JEXL comes standard with a reliable 1000 watt motor. This motor capacity matches the amount of power supplied to a commercial-grade juicer. This model’s motor also comes with overload protection to ensure that particularly tough produce does not overstress and damage the motor.
- Max Speed. Between its two speed settings, the Breville 800JEXL can clock in at either 6,500 rpm or 13,000 rpm. These two settings are optimized for extracting juices from soft and hard produce, respectively.
- Capacity. The Breville 800JEXL can hold 1.1 quarts of extracted juice at once, allowing a productive user to grind through a whole bowl of fruit and vegetables before needing to empty it. This yield rating doesn’t take into account space for pulp, though, because this model allows very little of it to seep into the final product.
- Noise. Personally, I did not find the Breville 800JEXL to be particularly noisy, both with and without produce in its grinding chamber. But even so, some current users note that the Breville 800JEXL can be an auditory nuisance if allowed to operate for even a few moments at its top speed.
- Accessories. The Breville 800JEXL comes with a few useful accessories to supplement your ability to produce flavorful juice and clean up afterward. For example, the foam separator that comes standard with this model makes it easy to remove the bubbly head from your extracted juice product. Also, this cleaning brush that ships with this model make it easy to clean every nook and cranny of your Breville 800JEXL’s mesh filter basket.
- Safety. The Breville 800JEXL comes with some excellent safety features, such as its security lock system. This mechanism ensures that this juicer cannot operate unless the proper lid components are securely locked into place.
- Warranty. The Breville 800JEXL comes with a 1-year warranty that covers the entire product against unexpected faults in terms of performance or construction. While this is a reasonably short warranty period, I certainly didn’t end up needing it given the Breville 800JEXL’s overall reliability and durable construction.
Breville 800JEXL Care and Cleaning
Breville recommends routinely cleaning your new juicer to keep it fully functional and sanitary for years to come. To do this, Breville advises users to clean all parts that come into contact with the juice or pulp with warm, soapy water after each use.
For the mesh filter, in particular, Breville recommends soaking it for 10 minutes immediately following each use.
For more tips about maintaining your new Breville 800JEXL, you should also check out Breville’s digital resources.
Compare Breville 800JEXL to Other Juicers
How does the Breville 800JEXL compare to other juicers on the market today? Take a look and see for yourself:
Breville 800JEXL vs. JE98XL
Generally, the Breville 800JEXL and JE98XL are built with the same dimensions and features. However, the 800JEXL serves as an upgraded version of the JE98XL.
As such, the 800JEXL’s motor clocks in at 1000 watts of power, compared to the JE98XL’s 850-watt motor. Also, the 800JEXL comes standard with a titanium cutting disc, which represents a significant improvement in terms of durability compared to the E98XL’s stainless steel cutting disc.
Breville 800JEXL vs. BJE510XL
At its core, the Breville 800JEXL is more powerful than the BJE510XL juicer variant, as seen in the former’s 1000 watt motor compared to the latter’s 900-watt motor.
However, for its part, the BJE510XL comes with vary more versatility when it comes to operational speeds. In fact, the BJE510XL has five different speed settings, a stark improvement compared to the 800JEXL’s basic two-speed system.
Breville 800JEXL vs. BJE820XL
The Breville BJE820XL serves as a slight upgrade on the well-regarded 800JEXL juicer. In addition to a slightly higher price tag, the BJE820XL model comes with three additional speed settings, at 8,100, 9,700, and 11,300 RPMs, respectively.
Given this, the BJE820XL is undoubtedly the better option for those who want to extract juice with an even higher degree of prevision.
Breville 800JEXL vs. BJS600XL
This means that the former model uses circular momentum to primarily extract juice from produce, while the latter model uses a “chewing-like” motion to maximize juice extraction and minimize oxidation. In all, these juicers are designed to accomplish somewhat different juicing goals.
Conclusion: Is the Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Worth It?
At the end of the day, the Breville 800JEXL may well be the juicer you’ve been looking for. Between its core performance and its durability, the Breville 800JEXL certainly meets all of my standards when it comes to producing flavorful juice while remaining functionally reliable.
If you’re still wondering if this juicer is right for you, then take my recommendation to heart. I’ve always been picky when it comes to kitchen appliances, and yet, I liked the Breville 800JEXL from day one onward.
Now, several years later, it continues to serve as my favorite source for efficient-produced, smooth-tasting juice after every one of my workout sessions.