Omega NC800HDS Juicer is an all-around unit that takes its versatility beyond juicing! Find out more about the quality of the juices, how well it processes various fruits and vegetables, and can it be the right choice for you.
There is nothing better than a refreshing cup of delicious juice after a training session, or when it is hot outside. You can get the healthiest juice if you make it yourself from raw ingredients.
It is why I decided to try the Omega NC800HDS Juicer and write my impressions in this review. Start reading right away to find out all the details about this slow masticating Omega juicer, and whether it is the right addition to your nutrition!
Omega NC800HDS Juicer Ratings
- Juice Quality: 9.2/10 – The low operating speed helps to keep a high quantity of nutrients.
- Ease of Use: 8.5/10 – The learning curve exists, but you will learn everything quickly.
- Noise Level: 9.1/10 – The product is pretty quiet for a juicer.
- Versatility: 9.3/10 – Apart from juicing, it can grind, mince, and perform other tasks.
- Performance: 8.6/10 – It handles all produce but doesn’t excel in any category.
- Cleaning: 9.0/10 – All parts are dishwasher-friendly, except for the motor body.
- It is far than a simple juicing system since it can also mince and grind your food
- The product delivered an extremely high juice yield from leafy greens
- The juicer provides decent results with soft and hard produce, too
- The appliance is pretty quiet for a juicer
- The product has a big footprint, which you have to consider when choosing a spot for it
- You will need to cut the produce into two-inch pieces or smaller before putting them into the chute
Omega NC800HDS Juicer is an all-around unit that can help a lot in the kitchen. Although it does the best job with leafy greens, it can process both soft and hard produce equally well. On top of that, the product offers grinding, mincing, and other functions, which turns it into a real nutrition system.
Who Should Buy the Omega NC800HDS Juicer?
The versatility of Omega NC800HDS extends the usual versatility of a juicer. This product also offers grinding, mincing, and other ways of processing your food.
However, it still does its primary juicing function well. That makes the appliance suitable for everyone who is looking for a cup of fresh juice and is willing to wait a couple of minutes to get an exceptionally nutritious juice. The juicer is also ideal for those who love fresh juices but also appreciate help in preparing food.
What Type of Juicer is Omega NC800HDS?
Omega NC800HDS is a low-speed horizontal masticating juicer. Horizontal juicers have a higher footprint than their vertical counterparts, but they also take less space height-wise. They can be a great choice if you do not have a lot of room between your kitchen counter and cabinets above it.
What Is a Slow Masticating Juicer?
A masticating juicer uses an auger to press any produce you place in the feeding chute. That is why you will often find people calling these appliances juice pressers. Apart from using an auger, their critical feature is that they operate at low speeds.
Masticating Juicer Vs. Centrifugal Juicer
We already mentioned that a masticating juicer combines a rotating auger and a screen to press the produce at low speeds. The centrifugal juicer is the pure opposite – it utilizes high speeds, and its blades cut the fruits and veggies into tiny chunks. Those chunks pass through the strainer, which separates the juice and the pulp.
What Are the Benefits of a Slow Masticating Juicer?
Here is an overview of the advantages that a masticating juicer has over centrifugal units:
- A lot of juice – working at a slow speed leads to a high juice yield, which might lead to some savings in terms of what you spend on fruits, veggies, and other produce.
- Low noise level – in most cases, slow juicers are not nearly as loud as their high-speed counterparts.
- Store the juice for three days – it might depend on how you store it, but these juices may have a shelf life of up to 72 hours.
Why Should You Use a Slow Juicer?
The main benefit of using a slow juicer is that it can keep more nutrients from the produce than high-speed units. Thanks to that, your juice will be healthier than the one made in high-speed extractors.
Omega NC800HDS Juicer Review
If you want to find out more about Omega NC800HDS Juicer, you’ve come to the right place! Here is a complete overview of the product, and don’t worry because we will be going into details!
Omega NC800HDS Design
We are starting with the apparent details related to how NC800HDS looks, so let’s learn a bit more about its design.
- Type of Juicer. You need to know two things when it comes to Omega NC800HDS: It is a slow masticating juicer that works at a low speed.It is a horizontal juicer that has a big footprint, but it is not that high.
- Dimensions. The measurements of the product are 6.5 x 14.5 x 15.5 inches (165 x 368 x 394mm). It is am average size if you compare it to other horizontal juicers.
- Feed Chute Size. The shape of the feeding tube is oval, which is suitable for different sorts of vegetables and fruits. Now, when it comes to the size of the chute, it is set at 2 x 1.5 inches. You could say that the chute is of average size for this type of juicers. It will be big enough for most users, but it will also require some food preparation.
- Weight. The overall weight of the product is 13 pounds (approximately five kilograms). NC800HDS is not the lightest juicer out there, but it was never designed to be portable. While it is not that difficult to move, it is much better to find a location for it and keep it there.
- Base Color. The full name of the model is NC800HDS, and the last letter mentions the base color of the juicer. The “S” stands for silver, and it is a neutral and classy color at the same time. The plastic components are transparent, and the food pusher and some other parts are black. Overall, they all fit well into a modern design.
Omega NC800HDS Performance
It’s nice to see all that potential that Omega NC800HDS has on paper, but can this juicer perform well? I tested different fruits and veggies, and here are the results!
- Juice Quality. If you are a fan of fresh juice, you will be delighted with the deliciousness of the juice. Whether you like a simple one-ingredient juice or mix various produce, the taste will be at the highest level. It is even more important that the juices will have a high level of nutrients. Thanks to the low-speed motor, you will get a high quantity of vitamins, minerals, and other healthy components of fruits, veggies, and other produce.
- Juice Yield. The yield will depend on the type of produce you are juicing. In most cases, you can expect the yield to be between 50% and 70%, although it can get higher in some cases. However, if we make an overall assessment, it’s safe to say you will get a decent amount of juice.
- Soft Produce. The first thing I tested was soft fruit, and I decided to go with oranges and grapes. While the orange juice yield was at around two-thirds, I got a lot more of grape juice (about 80%). If you compare it to other juicers, you will realize that it is an average yield.
- Hard Produce. I placed some celery in the feeding chute first, and it seems that the yield was above average. When it comes to carrots, I had to cut them to smaller pieces first, and the yield was decent. Finally, I tested apples and concluded that it might be tricky to process apples in NC800HDS. You may need to use the pusher to push all the pieces into the auger, and the juice contains a lot of pulp. If you eliminate pulp, the yield is lower than a third of the produce added, which is quite low.
- Leafy greens. If Omega NC800HDS underperforms with apples, it is safe to say that leafy greens are its strongest suit. That is an advantage of using a horizontal juicer, but it is essential to say that the yield is exceptionally high, and will exceed your expectations.
- Wheatgrass. It is not easy to find a juicer with a high yield of juice from wheatgrass. That is why I decided to be happy with about 50% of the yield. It is, however, only average, and there is no doubt you could get more juice with some other similar products.
Omega NC800HDS Features
Features make each product unique, and it’s nothing different from juicers. Here is what you need to know about the characteristics of the Omega NC800HDS.
- Motor Power. The total power of the motor is 2HP, which is much more power than in some other similar models. Now, you might be wondering why that is important since this is a low-speed juicer. A powerful motor helps to deal with hard produce better, and that is why it plays a vital role in the product’s performance.
- Variable Speed. Omega NC800HDS Juicer doesn’t have a variable speed. Instead, it offers a single low-speed setting placed at 80RPM (rotations per minute). That doesn’t make it the slowest juicer out there, but its speed is still low enough to ensure your juices keep a high quantity of nutrients.
- Capacity. We determine the capacity of the juicer by checking out both the primary juice container and the pulp bowl. NC800HDS has a 34-ounce juice cup, which is quite generous, and it can be enough to serve two persons at once. The pulp container has a 42-ounce capacity, which is also big enough that you won’t have to clean it too frequently.
- Assembly Difficulty. In my opinion, NC800HDS isn’t a unit that is easy to assemble. It will take a bit of time and effort. The good news is that the instructions are clear. The manual will clearly show you the parts, as well as every step in the assembly process,
- Food Preparation Requirements. When preparing food to process, you always need to keep in mind the dimensions of the chute. The available space in this juicer is 2 x 1.5 inches. That means you should cut your fruit to two-inch pieces or smaller. That implies that the appliance requires some food preparation before it is available to process it.
- Dual Stage Mastication. I am among the majority of people who don’t like a lot of pulp in their juices. It is why I appreciate the dual-stage mastication offered by NC800HDS. Here is how the process works – your juice is extracted for the first time, and the product separates the pulp. Before the pulp is transferred to a separate container, the juicer squeezes it for the second time to increase the juice yield.
- Auto Pulp Ejection. I am among the majority of people who don’t like a lot of pulp in their juices. It is why I appreciate the auto pulp ejection offered by NC800HDS. Here is how the process works – once the juice is extracted, the product automatically removes the pulp in a separate container. If you want, you can always open the container and add more pulp to the juice.
- Adjustable End Cap. NC800HDS might not have variable speeds, but it has an adjustable end cap. It serves to set the desired pressure so that you can process all produce adequately. You have five different settings, as well as the option to turn the adjusting off if you want to simplify things. For maximum results with soft fruits and other soft food, choose the lowest setting. If you are dealing with hard produce, go with the highest adjustment.
- Noise Level. Omega NC800HDS has a more than an acceptable noise level for a juicer. That is probably because of its low speed, but if you compare it to some other extractors, you could say that this one is quiet.
- Durability. High-quality juicers are a long-term investment, and NC800HDS belongs to that category. The manufacturer used materials of superb quality to extend the longevity of the juicer. You can also enjoy BPA-free components, which means you don’t have to worry about drinking harmful compounds because they haven’t been used in the manufacturing process.
- Accessories What Else Can Be Done? You can use Omega NC800HDS while preparing various meals. If you need to mince garlic or grind beans, this is the right product for you. You can even make pasta, which is quite impressive. The Omega Nutrition System allows you to make almond and other nut butter and milk, as well as sorbets from frozen fruits. You will also get all the components required to make baby food.
- Safety. As long as you follow the instructions, it will be perfectly safe to use the product. The auger is sharp, which is why you need to pay attention when cleaning the appliance. However, when the juicer is running, it is hidden inside the case, which means there is no danger of any injuries or other safety hazards.
- Warranty. The warranty for the US and Canadian market will cover your product for 15 years. That warranty applies to both performance and parts. On the other hand, if you are an international or commercial buyer, you can only hope for a one-year warranty, which seems a bit short.
Omega NC800HDS Care & Cleaning
Caring about Omega NC800HDS isn’t a lot different than caring for other juicers. As you will notice during assembly, the juicer has many detachable parts.
You can easily unhook all those components from the base and wash them in a dishwasher. However, make sure to check the instructions because they pinpoint that you should use the lowest setting of your dishwasher, and some other maintenance details worth knowing.
For example, you should never place the motor body in a dishwasher, or you might destroy it! It is important to emphasize that you should clean the juicer as soon as you finish using it.
You do not have to place it in the dishwasher more often than once a week, but cleaning the unit each time is mandatory.
The goal is to remove the pulp that got stuck to the container, as well as any other residue. That shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes, and all you need is some warm water.
Omega NC800HDS Value
Omega NC800HDS isn’t the most affordable juicer out there, but that was expected. First of all, it is a durable and high-performing appliance that offers top-quality juice and excellent longevity.
As a result, we can consider NC800HDS a premium juicer. If you add that a reputable company manufactured it, it will explain the price. The product is not the cheapest or the most expensive horizontal masticating juice out there.
Ultimately, it seems like it offers more than enough for the money, especially since it is not only a juicer but an entire nutrition system.
What Customers Are Saying?
The statistics that Omega NC800HDS Juicer has on Amazon are impressive. At the time when I checked (October 2020), the product had over 1000 reviews and an average 4.5 rating.
Since the maximum rating is five stars, you can understand how high this rating is. About 80% of the reviews had a five-star rating. The users emphasize a long list of things that this appliance can do, and that goes beyond the actual juicing.
Other reviews pinpoint that the quality and taste of the juice is fantastic. Some customers even notice that the cleaning process is effortless, and the brush you receive in the box helps a lot.
Finally, multiple reviewers said that the juicer produces like a small humming noise, which makes the product pretty quiet.
Some users, on the other hand, are complaining about quality control. That is a bit hard to believe since Omega is a reputable brand, and they are known for making great juicers.
Other negative reviews involve the time needed to process food (although the product is a slow masticating juicer), and the high amount of pulp in the juice. Some users pinpointed that when they use a strainer to remove the pulp, they don’t get as much juice as they expected.
How Do You Use the Omega NC800HDS Juicer?
The critical thing to note is that even those who never used a juicer before won’t have a problem with the Omega NC800HDS Juicer. All you need to do to start the unit is to flip the power switch. The unit doesn’t offer adjustable speeds, which makes your job easier. You want to put the desired produce into the feeding tube.
You will notice a chute at the top of the juicer. Make sure not to overfill the tube, and feel free to mix and match fruits, veggies, and any other produce. Once activated, the juicer will initiate extracting the juice from the product and pouring it into the bowl. At the same time, the pulp will go to another container.
You can use the dial placed on the edge of the auger to tell it how quickly you want it to extract pulps. When the juicer finishes with everything you placed in the feeding chute, you can turn off the power switch. I strongly recommend cleaning the juicer immediately because it is much easier that way.
Q: Does Omega NC800HDS Produce a Pulpy Juice?
A: Yes, Omega NC800HDS will produce a pulpy juice. The level of pulp will depend on the produce that you are juicing. Some of the pulp will go into a separate pulp container, but some will end up in the juice. If you are not a fan, a simple strainer can help to get rid of it.
Q: How Long Can You Store Juice?
A: First, allow me to pinpoint that it is always better to drink fresh juice. The more you delay, the lower the nutrient value of the juice. Any juice extracted via Omega NC800HDS can be stored for a maximum of 72 hours. You want to use a container or a bowl that you will fill as much as possible. Place a tight cap over the container because you don’t want any air inside. Air leads to oxidation, and that is what destroys the nutrients.
Q: Is It Dishwasher Safe?
A: The manufacturer pinpoints that the juicer is dishwasher-friendly. They say that you can wash all the parts in a dishwasher, except for the motor body. The majority of components are detachable, which will make cleaning them even more comfortable.
Q: Is It BPA-Free?
A: For the last several years, Omega has been using BPA-free plastic in all their juicers. NC800HDS is not an exception, which means all components that are getting in touch with the produce you are extracting and the juice are BPA-free.
Omega NC800HDS Alternatives
If it still doesn’t seem like Omega NC800HDS is your cup of juicer, perhaps you would like to consider some other options. Here is how it performs compared to some similar units:
The same manufacturer designs both products. However, NC800HDS is a newer model, and it features the customizable end cap. Apart from that, it also has a bigger chute, which enables you to put more fruits and veggies. The advantages of Omega J8006HDS juicer include a more affordable price and simplicity.
You probably figured out that both juicers belong to the same series. But if you thought that Omega NC900HDC is a newer model than NC800HDS, you’ve guessed wrong! The company might be playing with us a bit because the only difference compared to NC900HDC is a different color! It uses a chrome plated plastic color combination, and silver color dominates the NC800HDS.
Omega VRT350 is a vertical slow masticating juicer, which means that it has a smaller footprint than NC800HDS. That makes it perfect for situations when you don’t have enough room at the countertop. As for the performance, both units are versatile and decent. NC800 might be a bit better with veggies and VRT350 with fruits.
The name suggests that this twin-gear masticating juicer machine was designed for “elite” users. It may be of high-quality, but it also comes with a high price tag. Additionally, it doesn’t have such a low speed as NC800HDS. Tribest’s unit operates at 110RPM, and using a double augers extracts juice a little bit faster than Omega’s product.
Both Aicok and Omega NC800HDS are horizontal masticating juicers operating at 80RPM, and that makes them both quiet. Aicok might be more affordable, but it is also less durable, which makes it an entry-level juicer. Aside from that, it doesn’t have grinding or mincing accessories like Omega’s unit.
One thing that I’ll admit is that Breville’s juicer looks cool. It reminds of a coffee maker, but it is a high-speed juicer. That is its main difference compared to NC800HDS. If you want to extract your juices in the shortest possible timeframe, Breville 800JEXL has a speed of 13,000RPM. On the other hand, if quality and nutrients matter to you, stick to Omega NC800HDS.
Conclusion: Is Omega NC800HDS the Right Juicer for You?
Ultimately, it seems that Omega NC800HDS Juicer is a product that can do many good things. It is highly versatile, and the adjustable end cap helps it to deal with both hard and soft produce.
The juicer performs best with the leafy greens, but the overall impression is that you can juice anything with it. On top of that, you get accessories for grinding and mincing, and even making pasta and baby food.
The juicer will take a bit of time to process the food since it works at a low speed, but it will be worth the wait. If you are okay with that, there is no reason why you shouldn’t go ahead and buy the product!