Would you like a juicer with a small footprint but excellent performance? Do you need an appliance that will make a tasty juice for you every morning? Check out our Omega VSJ843QS Series Vertical Slow Juicer review, and find out everything you should know about this product!
There comes the time when you need to leave the world of entry-level juicers. If you are serious about a healthy lifestyle or drinking delicious juice, you are willing to make a long-term investment in a durable appliance that will deliver consistent results.
Can Omega VSJ843QS Series Vertical Slow Juicer be the solution to your problems? It is one of the best juice extractors that can be your go-to option whenever you need a tasty juice. After receiving multiple recommendations, I decided to test this product myself.
Keep reading to find out what I discovered and what makes this juicer unique! Product Introduction Would you like to know why slow speed is the main benefit of the Omega VSJ843QS Juicer?
A juice extractor doesn’t have to be the fastest or most powerful if it does the job right. Take a look at this review, and find out all details about this model’s features!
Omega VSJ843QS Series Vertical Slow Juicer Ratings
- Juice Quality:9.3- The slow speed ensures the juice contains a high level of nutrients.
- Ease of Use:7.9- You will figure out how the unit works, but some food preparation is required, too.
- Features:8.6- It doesn’t have bells and whistles everywhere, but it is a durable unit with a clear purpose of delivering tasty and healthy beverages.
- Performance:9.0- It performs well with the majority of produce and can make delicious juices.
- Noise Level: 8.9- The product is among the quieter ones on the market.
- Ease of Cleaning:8.6- It has an auto-cleaning feature, and it comes with a cleaning brush.
- The manufacturer carefully selected all components, including the BPA-free plastic for the juice bowl.
- The juices will not only be tasty, but they will also consider a high level of nutrients thanks to the slow extraction speed.
- The product performs best with oranges, apples, and other soft produce. It will also do a decent job with hard produce and leafy greens.
- Since it operates at a low speed, the product manages to remain relatively quiet while working.
- The chute size is relatively small, which means the product requires some food preparation.
- It could be better at processing wheatgrass because the yield is quite low with that ingredient.
The Bottom Line:
Omega VSJ843QS Juicer is an excellent masticating juicer that can be a long-term solution for your juicing needs. A high level of nutrients in juices made by this device is its main benefit. Although it requires some food preparation, you will learn how everything works quickly. If you plan on using a juicer regularly for a long time, this could be the right choice.
What Type of Juice Is Omega VSJ843QS Series?
Omega VSJ843QS is a vertical masticating juicer. A vertical juicer has a smaller footprint than its horizontal counterparts. On the other hand, you should make sure that the height suits the space where you plan to fit it.
What Is a Masticating Juicer?
A masticating juicer is specific because it operates at slow speeds. These appliances utilize augers with low-speed rotation, and they press and crush the product by using the auger and the screen. Some other names for this type of appliance include slow juicers and cold press juicers.
What Are the Benefits of a Slow Masticating Juicer?
Here is a quick overview of the benefits you can expect with a slow-speed masticating juicer:
- A healthy juice – using a slow speed to process various produce allows the juice to keep a high level of nutrients.
- A long shelf life – slow speed also equals minimal oxidation, which extends your juices’ lifespan. Remember that these are fresh juices, after all, and the recommended time to drink the beverage is up to 72 hours from the moment of making it.
- A high yield will get more than a decent amount of juice out of your produce in most cases.
Masticating vs. Centrifugal Juicers: What is the Difference?
Unlike masticating juicers with rotating blades and a screen, centrifugal appliances work at high speeds and use cutting blades to cut the product into small pieces. The next step is to pass through a strainer to separate the pulp and deliver the actual juice. Apart from the type of blades, the main difference is that centrifugal juicers work at high speeds, making them noisier than their masticating counterparts.
What Is Unique About Omega VSJ843QS Series?
Did you know that the entire VSJ series is an upgrade of the Omega VRT line of juicers? The manufacturer describes the product as a heavy-duty dual-stage juicer that utilizes the technology of slow squeezing.
Improvements in Omega VSJ843QS Series Juicer
If you compare the Omega VSJ843QS Juicer model to the previous VRT series of Omega juicers, you realize specific improvements. First, the company updated the motors. The new motor is slower. That is good because it enables saving more nutrients during the extraction process.
The 43RPM (rotations per minute) that this motor makes are almost double less than the 80RPM of the VRT series. If you used a VRT juicer, you might notice that VSJ843QS also has an improved strainer and auger.
Instead of using a single blade, this model utilizes a dual blade. It speeds up the process and enables better results at cutting various produce. The strainer seems tighter, which is one reason why your juice will be smooth and contain drier pulp. Thanks to the increased chute size, you will also face fewer problems with clogging.
Who Should Use Omega VSJ843QS Series Juicer?
Anyone who is up for drinking a natural fruit juice can use Omega VSJ843QS Juicer. Even if you are a newbie, it shouldn’t take a lot of time to get used to how everything works. If the features and performance described in our review is something that fits your taste, you can go ahead and give this juicer a shot.
Omega VSJ843QS Juicer Overview
It is time to get an in-depth look at the Omega VSJ843QS Juicer’s capabilities. Check out the crucial design and performance features to see what this product can do!
When we say design, we are not talking about the appearance of the product. We instead consider component placement, material quality, and any other relevant features.
- Type of Juicer. Omega VSJ843QS Juicer is a masticating juicer. That means it operates at low speeds intending to produce juice of the highest quality and save as many nutrients as possible. It is also a vertical juicer, which means that it won’t take a lot of space on your counter or anywhere else where you plan to place it.
- Dimensions. Since Omega VSJ843QS is a vertical juicer, height should be your primary consideration when considering the product’s location. The item is 15.5 inches (39.4 cm) tall, which means it may be tricky to put in the space between countertops and cabinets. On the plus side, the width is 7 inches (17.8 cm), and the depth is 8.5 inches (21.6 cm). Thanks to that, the product has a small footprint.
- Weight. The overall weight of the product is 22 pounds. While we can justify that with the durable and high-quality components used in the construction, it is also notable that the juicer is much more substantial than some other models. VRT juicers are twice as light as this unit, and you can find horizontal juicers made by this manufacturer that are also lighter.
- Motor Power. The strength of the motor is 1/5HP, which is more than adequate for a low-speed juicer. The wattage is 150W, and the motor can provide 43 rotations per minute (RPM). The unit proves not everything is about power, but also usability and versatility.
- Variable Speed. I have both good and bad news for you. The bad news is that the juicer doesn’t have a variable speed. However, this is a slow-speed juicer, and the 43RPM ensures a high level of versatility. This speed setting aims to save as many nutrients as possible from the product you process. That is why the manufacturer chose to stick with a single low speed.
- Voltage. Omega is an international brand, which means that it offers both 110V and 220V voltage. The only thing you should consider is to pick the right one because the product doesn’t have dual voltage support by default. Confirm the voltage in your home first, and make sure to choose accordingly. If necessary, double-check with your supplier to make sure you will get the desired option.
- Feed Chute Size. The chute size has an opening of around 1.62 x 1.25 inches. That is not too generous, and it may lead to less juice yield than you expect from a single-use. Additionally, the narrow tube means that you will need to cut and prepare fruits and veggies so that they can fit inside.
- Jug Capacity. You will get a large juice bowl with about 32 ounces of capacity, as well as a pulp container of similar size. While this is enough if you are making juice only for yourself, it might take time to prepare beverages for more people at once. Fortunately, you also get a juice cup you can use to store the juice you already made.
- Cutting Disk. The product uses an auger with a dual-edge, a step forward compared to some previous products of this manufacturer. That helps to increase juice yield and promote its quality because it performs better in breaking down fiber while reducing oxidation. Thanks to that, your juices might have a reasonably long shelf life.
- Safety Lock. The construction of the Omega VSJ843QS Juicer requires you to lock only one part into place. Everything else falls right where it should. As for the juicing bowl, you will notice the pins used for placing. The product also has a safety locking system, which minimizes the potential mishaps, and reduces the mess.
- Overload Protection. The overload protection isn’t something that the manufacturer lists as one of the features of the device. You have a limited chute size, and you can use common sense to prevent overloading. The entire idea is that you shouldn’t stuff too much produce at once. If you want to mix several different produce types, I suggest adding all of them together to the tube. However, you should do that gradually.
- Filter Basket. The basket assembly can be a vital part of many juicers out there. It is nice to see that Omega selected all components of this product with great care. A result is a durable appliance that can deliver consistent results.
- Base Color. The product’s base color is silver, which is a neutral color commonly used in kitchen appliances. Therefore, it will probably fit with the rest of your décor. The chute and some other components are black, while the containers are made of BPA plastic and transparent.
Is there anything more important than how your juicer will perform? Here is everything you should know about the juice Omega VSJ843QS can deliver!
- Juice Quality. If you are looking for exceptional juice quality, you cannot go wrong with this product. Its most significant advantage is slow speed. That enables the juice extracts to keep the most nutrient from the produce you are processing. You will get not only healthy but also delicious juice. The taste will depend on the recipe, and that is where you should experiment with your preferences. But in terms of quality, this product will always get it right.
- Juice Yield. The overall juice yield you get with Omega VSJ843QS Juicer is satisfying. As expected from this type of product, some produce will deliver better yield than the others. The yield proves that the juicer’s biggest problem is the small chute size, which limits the overall quantity of juice you can get at a single pass.
- Soft Produce. Soft juices are the strongest suit of the Omega VSJ843QS. Here is how the testing went:
- Apple – the results were above average, and the quantity of juice was remarkable.
- Orange – it seems that this is one of the top-performing juicers when it comes to extracting juices from oranges.
- Celery – it may not handle celery as well as oranges, but the juicer will still yield excellent results.
- Hard Produce. Carrots were the hard produce I tested with this juicer. The performance was excellent, and the quality of the juice decent. It had a low amount of pulp, and the quantity of the juice was rather average. That means some products perform better with hard produce, but also those perform worse.
- Leafy Greens. You can extract juice from leafy greens with Omega VSJ843QS. I decided to give spinach a shot, and the extraction yielded an average result. It’s not the best choice out there. However, if leafy greens aren’t your favorite, but you still want them added to your drink, this juicer can be of great help.
- Wheatgrass. Wheatgrass may be the category where the Omega VSJ843QS Juicer performed the worst. We estimated that the yield was less than a third of the wheatgrass we processed. If you want to improve this result, you may want to consider pushing down the wheatgrass with other products.
Take a look at some crucial product features that showed up while testing the product.
- Food Preparation Requirements. We already mentioned that the feed tube is not that big. That is why you will need to prepare the produce you are processing. In the case of large fruit and veggies, such as oranges, you will need to peel them and cut them into pieces. Apricots, peaches, and plums should also have their pits removed. Although the juice requires some food preparation, the reward will be a high-quality, healthy juice.
- Noise Level. I am one of those who can justify a lot of noise if you get impressive juice quality. However, it would be great if my juicer can be quiet, too, and Omega VSJ843QS manages to do that. Since it is a slow-speed product, its noise level remains low.
- Pulp Container. The pulp container has a capacity of around 30 ounces. That should be quite enough if you are preparing a standard-sized juice for yourself. It doesn’t have an exceptional capacity, but it has an average size that should suit all users.
- Durability. The durability of the product seems exceptional. The Auto Cleaning feature contributes to it, but we should thank the carefully chosen components for longevity. The company utilizes BPA-free plastic for the juice bowl, which is commendable. Overall, the product seems durable, and it should last for a long time.
- Assembly Difficulty. I can’t say that the assembly process is complicated. However, it might take around 10-15 minutes, maybe even more if you are a newbie that does things thoroughly. Fortunately, you receive a manual with instructions on how to set up all the parts. Make sure to follow the guidelines because you’ll want to install everything correctly.
- Accessories. You will receive a cleaning brush with the device. Apart from the Auto Cleaning system, you will also need to do some maintenance yourself. In those situations, this brush can be helpful as it was specially designed for this product.
- Warranty. The warranty on the product applicate to Canada and the US is 15 years, and it covers both performance and parts. That seems quite generous and shows the company’s trust in the juicer they designed. It will last for 12 months from the purchase date when it comes to international and commercial warranty.
Care & Cleaning
Omega VSJ843QS Juicer has an Auto Cleaning feature with the primary goal of boosting the product’s efficiency. The idea of the function is to simplify the cleaning process. Once you finish using the juicer, you should thoroughly wash removable parts.
The first option is washing your hands. Alternatively, you can combine two drops of dishwashing soap and warm water and leave the items for approximately half an hour. After that, place it in the dishwasher, and let the machine do its magic. It is also essential to wash parts between recipes.
That is the way of maximizing the device’s longevity and keeping all your juices fresh and tasty. I hope that it is needless to say that you should always follow the instructions of the product.
Read the manual, and apply all the safe use precautions. Here are some other tips that will optimize the performance and longevity of Omega VSJ843QS Juicer:
- You don’t want to use coffee beans, sesame, and other ingredients that the machine cannot extract. Red pepper, garlic, and other spices can be processed.
- Honey, sugar, and alcohol may affect the performance and longevity of the device. Make sure not to use ingredients dipped in them.
- You can re-squeeze soft fruits, but don’t do that with any other products.
- Never use the appliance for more than 30 minutes without allowing it to rest. The motor may overheat, and that leads to device failure.
- Make sure to clean the machine after every use and between recipes.
Let’s clear up one thing – Omega VSJ843QS Juicer is not an entry-level extractor. It is a long-term investment that can serve you for years and deliver tasty and healthy juices consistently.
However, the quality comes with a price, and this product confirms that. If you are on the market for an affordable juicer, this is not the unit for you. But if you need an extractor that you will buy once and not think about a replacement for years, you should consider Omega VSJ843QS. It may be a bit expensive, but it gives excellent value for money.
What Are Customers Saying?
If you can’t test the product yourself, the next best thing is to list existing customers’ opinions. Omega VSJ843QS Juicer has about 170 reviews on Amazon, and most of them are positive. Although the majority of ratings provided are five stars, the average score of the product is 3.9 stars, which could be better.
Many users emphasize how this juicer was everything they ever wanted from this type of product. They claim that it delivers an exceptional juice quality, a high yield, and even clean on top of that.
You can also find people that pinpoint the product that met their expectations. But they still mention that it could self-feed itself better or list some other minor cons. A small portion of people seems wholly dissatisfied with the product.
Some emphasize that it is not as durable as you might think, and others believe the juicer is not worth the price. Most users seem to estimate that the product is reliable honestly, but just like any other juicer out there, it is not ideal.
Omega VSJ843QS Juicer Alternatives
Take a look at some similar juicers available on the market and how this unit compares to them:
Although both are masticating juicers, J8006HDS is a horizontal unit. Additionally, it works at 80RPM, which is almost double as fast as VSJ843QS. As a result, it may not hold the same amount of nutrients as the juicer we focus on in this article.
You can’t find the J8006HDC on the official website anymore, although the company still offers spare parts for the product. That juicer is similar to the one described above since they belong to the same series. As a result, it also has similar pros and cons to VSJ843QS.
Breville is a famous espresso machine brand, and its appliance has a great design. BJS700SIL slow juicer is not an exception. It has a powerful motor and a big three-inch chute. Thanks to the generous tube size, food preparation is minimal, which is a con compared to VSJ843QS. However, things get stuck and blocked quickly.
The two appliances have a similar speed since Slowstar works at 47RPM, which is only slightly faster than the juicer we are reviewing. The chute is also of the same size, and they both use a dual blade. Tribest’s product comes with a great attachment, but it can’t process leafy greens very well when it comes to juices.
The latter juicer is faster, with 60RPM available at the highest speed. It also has a large feeding tube, and it is quite versatile. The downside is that the product is exceptionally tricky and demanding to clean. It also seems that VSJ843QS is more durable because the manufacturer included components of better quality.
Conclusion: Is Omega VSJ843QS the Right Juicer for You?
Here is what I can claim after the Omega VSJ843QS Series Vertical Slow Juicer Review. This product is a reliable and long-term investment and an appliance that can deliver high-quality juices.
It will take some food preparation effort, but you will always receive a healthy and tasty juice. As long as you are okay with the price, there is no reason why you shouldn’t try this product!