Would you like to learn more about the best juicers on the market? Check out our detailed reviews and a comprehensive buying guide that will help you to find the most suitable juicer for you!
How would you rate the quality of your nutrition? The hectic lifestyle we lead today often prevent us from leading a healthy life and consuming enough nutrients.
If you want a quick and straightforward way to make a huge step toward a healthy lifestyle, you should start using a juicer.
Start reading right away to find the right juice machine and get those nutrients to improve your health!
What is a Juicer?
It is nice to see that people are taking care of their health. You can see folks around you trying to add changes to their lifestyle to make it healthier.
Optimal nutrition is one of the ways to do that. You may not have time, or you might consider a hassle to chop and eat whole fruits and veggies. That is where juicers come into play.
A juicer is an appliance with or without a motor that can extract juice out of fruits and vegetables. The method of processing juice will depend on the type of juicer that you select.
These machines are used both at home and at facilities like coffeehouses and restaurants. The appliance contains a base that might have a motor, an auger, blade, or other components to get the juice out of the produce, as well as other parts like pitchers and pulp containers.
Who Should Buy a Juicer?
Anyone who wants to get a load of healthy nutrients should buy a juicer. Fruit and veggies juices are suitable and healthy for all ages and genders, and there are no restrictions as to who should use juicers.
It is perfect for those who don’t like eating their fruits and veggies but can drink them when mixed with other products in a tasty juice.
Juicing vs. Blending
While both processes are similar, and both deliver a healthy drink, there is a difference. The result of a juicing process is a juice, and the outcome of blending is a smoothie.
The latter has more density, which means it may not fit all tastes. On the other hand, the juice is easy to drink, and you will surely enjoy it as long as you choose the right ingredients. You can find many amazing recipes online, so it shouldn’t be a problem to match your taste.
What Type of Juicer Is Right for You?
The market offers five different types of juicers. The best kind is the one that suits your needs the most, so check out their advantages and drawbacks below.
The main characteristic of a centrifugal juicer is high speed. These units operate at 1,000-15,000RPM, and that will depend on the appliance. Some will even allow you to choose between multiple speed levels.
One thing is guaranteed – you can get your juice in no time. If the product has a large chute, you will minimize the hassle, too.
The market offers a wide range of centrifugal juicers, and their price varies from affordable to expensive.
The downsides may include noise and the fact that high speeds generate heat, which can lower the number of nutrients in your juice.
- You can get juice in seconds
- These units can be quite affordable
- You can choose from a wide range of products
- The high speeds might generate noise
- The quantity of nutrients is not as high as in some other types
Best use: These are perfect for those who don’t want to spend a second more juicing than necessary.
A masticating juicer is a low-speed juicer that usually doesn’t operate at speeds higher than 150RPM. The rule here is the lower, the better. Masticating units use augers to crush the fruits and veggies and deliver the juice.
That enables them to deliver a high yield regardless of the produce you are juicing. The outcome will be a nutrient-rich juice you can store for up to three days. You will need to be patient for the process to finish, but it will be worth it.
Some masticating juicers come with accessories for mincing, making pasta, etc. These products can be more expensive than other juicer types.
- Your juice will have the highest quantity of nutrients with this type of juicer
- These appliances can generate high-yield quality
- The juices made this way can be stored for days
- IT may come with additional functions and attachments
- It takes a bit of time to deliver the juice
- These units are generally the most expensive
Best use: Masticating juicers are ideal for those who don’t mind waiting a bit to get the healthiest juice out there.
Twin-Gear (Triturating) Juicers
You will also find these under the name “triturating,” but it is easier to pronounce twin-gear. The design of these appliances is specific as they feature two blades or augers instead of one.
That takes the versatility to an entirely new level. You can use these appliances for soft and hard fruits and veggies, and rest assured that you will get a high yield from them. On top of that, the nutrient level will be exceptional.
However, cleaning two gears instead of one may be a hassle, and that increases the price of these units.
- Two gears may increase the yield and versatility
- The level of nutrients will be extremely high
- These appliances can handle various fruits and veggies
- The cleaning process can be a hassle
- These units can be pricey
Best use: Another excellent choice for a healthy juice and high yield from any produce, but keep in mind the versatility may come at a price.
Electric Citrus Juicers
Citrus juicers specialize in processing orange, lemons, limes, grapefruits, and other citrus fruits. If there is nothing you like more than a cup of orange juice, this is the juicer type you need.
It is vital to note that you can choose between electric and manual citrus juicers. That may affect the price of the product, but the result will be the same – a cold-pressed juice with plenty of nutrients.
- These can be both manual and electric
- They usually have a small footprint and compact size
- The outcome is a cold-pressed juice loaded with nutrients
- You can’t process other fruits in these units
- The cones on some products may not fit some citrus fruits
Best use: These units focus on citrus fruits, such as oranges, limes, and lemons.
Manual juicers are those that don’t contain a motor. Instead of relying on a motor, they use different approaches to apply force and squeeze the juice from fruits or veggies.
Depending on the unit, you may need to pull the lever or turn the handle to start extracting juices. These machines are usually not versatile, which means they won’t fit all types of produce. Some of them are great for citrus fruits, and others for wheatgrass and leafy greens.
- Easy to use since they are pretty basic
- They can deliver the highest yield from wheatgrass
- Several different approaches available
- They come without a motor
- These appliances are usually not that versatile
Best use: Manual juicers can be an excellent fit for wheatgrass, leafy greens, pomegranate, and citrus fruits, but you should pick a suitable unit.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Juicer
Before you enter the process of selecting a suitable juicer, it is vital to know what appliance type you need.
Here are the questions you should ask before starting the selection process.
Why Do You Need a Juicer?
Ask yourself why you want to buy a juicer. Is it because you want a healthy dose of nutrients every morning?
Do you have a coffee shop and you want to serve your guests? Perhaps you want a device that goes beyond juicing and has some other functions, too?
The questions above are something to keep in mind when choosing a juicer. For example, a commercial-grade juicer must be durable and suitable for frequent use.
You can also find inexpensive machines that deliver healthy juice, as well as nutrition centers with mincing and other functions.
What Do You Want to Juice?
Some juicers specialize in processing particular fruits and veggies. For example, citrus juicers can only handle lemons, oranges, limes, and other citrus fruits. Manual juicers might be suitable for leafy greens and wheatgrass.
But if you want a versatile product, you should go with centrifugal, masticating, or double gear juice machines. Although the yield depends on the unit, these are usually capable of processing soft and hard veggies and leafy greens.
The more versatility you get from the juicer, the more you can experiment with the recipes. That will give you the freedom to mix and match the ingredients as you see fit.
Where Will You Store Your Juicer?
Most users keep their juicer in the kitchen. The usual location is the countertop, but regardless of the place, it is vital to ensure the juicer can fit in the area where you want to put it.
Here is a simple way to check that – compare the measurements of the appliance with the available room. The general rule is that vertical juicers have a smaller footprint than horizontal units, but also take more room height-wise.
How Much Time Do You Have for Juicing?
You may have problems with getting up in the morning, which is why you are always late for work. In those cases, you want to shorten the juicing process as much as possible. That implies you should go with centrifugal juicers.
But if you have a bit more time, you may want to consider using a masticating or twin-gear juicer. These will maximize the nutrient load and secure the healthiest juice you can get. Since you can store the juice for up to three days, you don’t have to use the unit every day, either.
What Are Your Value Expectations?
Regardless of the product that you are buying, you want the most bang for the buck. That is understandable, but you should also consider your budget.
If you don’t plan to invest plenty of money, you may settle for a product that won’t last for more than a year or two. But if you are willing to splash your cash, it is only natural to expect consistent results and advanced features and functions.
Best Juicer Machines Reviews
It is time to check out the best juicers on the market. We singled out top-rated units in each category to make the process easier for you!
The Best Juicer Overall
Omega Juice Extractor and Nutrition Center NC900HDC
Design: 8.6 – Easy to use and attractive, but it has a big footprint.
Features: 9.2 – Numerous accessories increase the versatility of the product.
Performance: 9.1 – Consistent results and quiet operation.
Usability: 8.8 – You can use it on all fruits and veggies.
If you are looking for the healthiest juice loaded with most nutrients, you should go for a masticating juicer. And when it comes to brands, you can’t go wrong with Omega.
Omega NC900HDC is a masticating juicer that operates at 80RPM. Although it has only a single speed, you can adjust the end cap to one of five available settings. That way, you can ensure the juicer is in the mode most suitable to what you are juicing, whether those are leafy greens, soft veggies, or hard fruits.
The machine uses a motor with a 150W power. While that is not as powerful as in some similar units, it is more than enough to handle all produce types. On top of that, it enables the appliance to stay reasonably quiet for a juicer.
You can expect impressive juice yield and quality, and we were positively surprised by the automatic pulp separator. It is worth noting that the cleaning process isn’t that much of a hassle.
The product is more than a masticating juicer because it comes with numerous attachments that turn it into a nutrition center. That means the machine can be helpful when preparing meals for babies and adults.
- You can adjust the end cap depending on what you are juicing
- It is reasonably quiet for a juicer
- Excellent juicer yield and quality
- Multiple accessories turn it into a nutrition center
- It is a horizontal juicer, which means it has a big footprint
- Some other units have stronger motors
The Bottom Line:
Omega NC900HDC is a real long-term investment in your health. The device can deliver juices of consistent quality. You can adjust it to your needs with the adjustable cap, and the pulp separation is impressive.
Where to buy:
Around $375 on Amazon
Best Centrifugal Juicer:
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
Design: 9.0 – Classic design and durable and long-lasting components.
Features: 9.1 – The two-speed system contributes to versatility.
Performance: 8.8 – It is impressively fast in delivering the juice.
Usability: 9.0 – It is pricey, but it will last for a long time.
Centrifugal juicers are for those people who do not like to wait for their juice long. The product utilizes a 1,000W motor, which is one of the strongest in its category. Breville also ensures that you can choose between two different speeds. The low-setting is 6,500RPM, and the high-setting is 13,000RPM.
The dual-speed system contributes to versatility and allows the machine to deal with both hard and soft fruits and veggies. Not only 800JEXL will do the job quickly, but you can also get a large quantity of juice at once.
The capacities of the containers speak in favor of that – 1.1 quarts is jug capacity, and the pulp jug can fit 3.2 quarts. It is a shame that the design has a minor flaw that prevents you from filling the pitcher to the top without dripping.
The pulp separator does an impressive job. The machine has 40,000 pores in the filter to keep even the small pulp pieces out of your juice. The components are relatively easy to disassemble, and the cleaning process is reasonably straightforward.
All the components are very durable and of impressive quality. However, we liked the cutting disc the most. It features titanium coating to ensure there are no damages over time.
- You can prepare large juice quantities at once
- The product can deliver juice quickly
- You can pick between two different speeds
- The components are of impressive quality
- You can’t fill the pitcher to the top without dripping
- The price tag is a bit high
Breville 800JEXL is undoubtedly a premium juicer. It is long-lasting and features durable components. The product is also versatile and capable of handling various produce, and it can deliver juice in seconds.
Where to buy:
Around $300 on Breville 800JEXL on Amazon
Best Masticating Juicer:
Omega J8006HDS Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage Slow Speed Masticating Juicer
Design: 8.6 – As a horizontal juicer, it takes a bit of room.
Features: 9.1 – A versatile and robust motor that can process anything.
Performance: 9.3 – Very reliable juicer that turns into a nutrition center.
Usability: 8.5 – The narrow chute makes you invest a bit of effort.
How do you know that a juicer is worth the money? If you are not an expert, you can assess its popularity. For example, J8006HDS has been one of the users’ favorites for years now.
The first reason is that you will get juice with an exceptionally high quantity of nutrients. That is because this is a masticating machine with an auger of impressive quality. The appliance operates at 80RPM and uses a 200W motor. Thanks to that, it is perfect for fruits and veggies, and even wheatgrass.
The dual-stage mastication system will ensure the machine gives one more push at the end of juicing. That way, it will maximize the yield and leave the pulp dry. The pulp separation system works like a charm. The only downside is that you will need to be a bit patient until the appliance finishes juicing.
Omega J8006HDS is an actual nutrition center. Whether you want to mince garlic or grind coffee beans, you can do that with this unit. Please note that the chute is a bit narrow (1 ½-inch in diameter) since it is an older model.
- Dual-stage mastication maximizes juice yield
- A very versatile product whose usability goes beyond juicing
- A robust motor capable of tackling various produce
- A long-lasting auger of exceptional quality
- You need to be a bit patient until the machine processes the juice
- The food chute is a bit narrow compared to some other units
You can do much more than juicing with this product since it is a real nutrition center. But if juices are what you need, J8006HDS is ready to exceed your expectations with the juice yield and taste.
Where to buy:
Around $300 Omega J8006HDS Juicer on Amazon
Best Twin-Gear (Triturating) Juicer:
Tribest GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite Juice Extractor with Jumbo Twin Gears
Design: 9.4 – A unique futuristic juicer design makes it attractive.
Features: 8.9 – It comes with a load of accessories and even cleaning tools.
Performance: 8.9 – It delivers consistent results over a long time.
Usability: 8.7 – Suitable for all types of produce and easy to use.
Tribest exceeded all expectations with their GSE-5050 Greenstar Elite Juicer. The two augers make this a triturating unit, and their durability is impressive. The manufacturer used stainless-steel bio-ceramic to ensure optimal longevity.
The same can be said for all other components. The design is attractive, and Tribest means business with this unit. It utilizes a 200W motor and works at 110RPM. If you compare, you will notice that there are slower masticating juicers out there, but the difference is small.
You will notice that the product is reasonably quiet, especially since we are used to juicers being loud. You can also make pasta, sorbets, and sauces, thanks to the available accessories. It is a versatile and durable unit, which explains the high price tag.
It is possible to adjust the pressure to ensure that the machine deals with the specific product optimally. Once you finish the juicing process, you can disassemble and clean the appliance with the provided tools. You get a brush and a scraper unit to make the cleaning easier.
- Augers can handle any produce and deliver excellent yield
- The tools you receive make the cleaning a bit easier
- It is relatively quiet for a juicer
- The machine comes with different accessories
- The speed is not as low as in some other masticating juicers
- The price tag is quite high
There is a reason why this is an “Elite” unit, but it is not only the price. If you are looking for a juicer with unique design, consistent results, and loads of accessories, this product can be a wise choice.
Where to buy:
Best Cold Press Vertical Juicer
Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer SW-2000
Design: 9.5 – BPA-free materials and a unique color combination.
Features: 9.1 – The two-blade auger increases speed and improves results.
Performance: 8.4 – It is quite versatile, but doesn’t handle leafy greens great.
Usability: 8.9 – It is easy to use, and you shouldn’t expect leaking and dripping.
Here is something that you should know – this juicer looks cool! Tribest experimented a bit in their SW-2000 model, and it paid off. We received a modern-looking juicer with an attractive design that can enrich any kitchen’s aesthetics.
The product has a small footprint since it falls into the category of vertical juicers. The dual blade places it among twin-gear appliances, and the performance puts it at the top of that class.
The juicer utilizes a 200W motor at operates at a 47RPM. The combination allows the product to tackle even the hardest produce. While it delivers impressive yield in most cases, the machine might have a bit of trouble with leafy greens. Regardless, you will still receive decent results when juicing those veggies.
The components are durable and BPA-free. It is worth noting that you receive a juice cap to prevent leakages, and while it does an excellent job, it is not of the same quality as other parts.
For those who like mincing, you will get an attachment required to mince garlic and other products. The majority of components are safe to wash in a dishwasher.
- A unique and attractive design
- It won’t take a lot of room because of the small footprint
- Durable components and BPA-free materials
- It does a great job in minimizing leaking and dripping
- The juice cap doesn’t seem to be of the same quality as other parts
- You may not get the highest yield from leafy greens
Tribest Slowstar SW-2000 is a juicer that combines design and functionality. It stands out from the competition when it comes to aesthetics, and it also operates at an impressively low speed to maximize nutrients.
Where to buy:
Best Manual Press for Citrus Fruits
Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Citrus Juicer
Design: 8.9 – Acid-resistant components and attractive design.
Features: 9.0 – Although it is a basic system, it has many useful features.
Performance: 8.8 – It is a commercial-grade product capable of delivering a lot of juice.
Usability: 8.5 – A drip cup is a convenient touch.
The beautiful thing about this juicer is that Hamilton Beach took care of everything. The moment you see their 932 hand press juicer, you see an attractive design and color combination.
If you take a better look at the components, you will notice that they are of premium quality. All parts have an enamel finish to resist citrus acids and normal wear and tear. Additionally, the base has a grip that ensures the machine stays in place while you use it.
The swing-out arm is a nice touch. Apart from allowing you to measure the quantity of lemon juice, it also makes the product easy to use for kids. Please note, however, that you will need to cut large citrus before this unit can squeeze them.
It sounds impressive, but the force you will generate once you pull the handle is 2,000 pounds. Thanks to that, you can easily squeeze lemons, limes, oranges, and other citrus fruits. The drip collection cup is a convenient touch that keeps the process neat.
Finally, let’s mention the product is of commercial quality, which means you can use it in coffeehouses and restaurants where you serve plenty of juices every day.
- A simple pull of a handle generates brute force
- Durable components resistant to citrus acids
- A kid-friendly design with the swing-out arm
- The stable base ensures the product will remain in place
- It can’t handle large citrus fruits without cutting them first
Hamilton Beach made a simple hand press juicer a beautiful wonder. The appliance has a fantastic design, and it is commercial-grade, which means it will last for a long time.
Best Electric Juicer for Citrus Fruits
Breville 800CPXL Die-Cast Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Press
Design: 9.0 – Acid-resistant components and attractive design.
Features: 9.0 – The dual-switch arm adds to the convenience of using the product.
Performance: 8.8 – It does an excellent job of processing citrus fruits.
Usability: 8.7 – It is easy to use and maintain.
The first time you look at this juicer, you will think that it is a coffee machine. It has an unusual design, but it also has a small footprint. That will make it suitable for any countertop out there.
The silver color dominates the design, and the base is made of stainless steel with a die-cast finish. Thanks to that, you can expect that citrus fruit residue won’t harm any parts of your appliance. The drip control has been done impressively thanks to the uniquely designed juice spout.
We should mention that the unit was made for citrus fruits, which you can figure out by looking at the cone at the top. The dual-switch arm makes the juicing process simple, but it is a shame there is no cover to protect the parts from dust when not in use.
The appliance is reasonably easy to clean, but you shouldn’t postpone that process. Otherwise, you may risk the small parts of fruits sticking to some components, which might make them impossible to clean. Please note that some parts are even dishwasher-friendly.
- The dual-switch pressing arm is convenient
- Acid-resistant components
- The product minimizes dripping effectively
- Suitable to wash in a dishwasher
- You should avoid postponing the cleaning process, or it will become a real hassle
- It lacks a dust cover to protect the components when not in use
If there is nothing you like more than orange or citrus juice, Breville 800CPXL is the right unit for you. It is easy to use and clean, and it has components that will last for years.
Where to buy:
Around $200 on Amazon
Best Manual Juicer for Leafy Greens
The Original Healthy Juicer (Lexen GP27)
Design: 8.2 – A classic design with an uninspiring color combination.
Features: 8.3 – No extra features, but it does what it should do.
Performance: 8.8 – An excellent choice for leafy greens and wheatgrass.
Usability: 8.9 – Easy to set up, detach, and clean.
Some people love manual juicers because you are confident the process will keep a high quantity of nutrients. Healthy Juicer has been around for a long time due to its simplicity of use and consistency in providing excellent results.
A manual juicer can handle wheatgrass far better than motorized units. That is why this product is excellent for any leafy green out there. As soon as you mount it to the table, you only need to turn the handle and watch the magic happen.
It will take a bit of trial and error until you find the optimal load for the juicer. If you overfeed it, turning the handle may become a hassle. Other than that, using the product, as well as attaching and detaching it, is simple. The cleaning process is also effortless.
The product is light, and the components are detachable. However, it doesn’t look as attractive as other juicers since the color combination seems a bit outdated.
- It won’t take a lot of room
- The machine does an excellent job with wheatgrass and leafy greens
- It is easy to set up and detach
- You should avoid overfeeding the handle as it may become tricky to turn
- The design is not that attractive
While you shouldn’t expect miracles from a manual juicer, Lexen GP27 does its job well. If you need a machine that you would store out of sight, and a juicer that can handle wheatgrass and leafy greens, this can be a smart choice.
Where to buy:
Around $75 on Amazon
Best Value for Money
Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain
Design: 8.9 – It can fit almost anywhere.
Features: 8.6 – The large chute is a nice touch.
Performance: 8.5 – It can deliver juice quickly and provide consistent results.
Usability: 8.3 – It should last for a long time.
You will find several Breville juicers on our list, but BJE200XL is a bargain deal for a reason. It delivers plenty of bang for the buck, and everything comes with a small footprint. It will allow you to fit the juicer anywhere you want.
The machine comes with a container that catches the pulp, and you can even order a carafe. The durability of components is admirable. The cutting disc is made of stainless steel and the body from a durable polymer. However, the pitcher capacity might make it unsuitable for large juicing amounts at once.
The product utilizes a 700W motor and operates at 14,000RPM. That makes it a high-speed centrifugal juicer, which means you will get your juice quickly. The large chute contributes to ease of use because it minimizes food preparation.
A small downside is that the juicer is hard to clean. It is not something you don’t expect from these appliances, but this one requires a bit of effort. Regardless, it provides an admirable ratio of cost and quality.
- A large chute makes it easy to load the produce
- Easy to assemble and use
- It can deliver the juice quickly
- It doesn’t take a lot of room on your countertop
- It takes a bit of effort to clean it
- Not the best choice for juicing large quantities at once
Breville BJE200XL is a great starting unit and an excellent juicer for those looking for bargain deals. It may not be the largest out there, but it can do the job well and provide consistent results.
Where to buy:
Around $90 on Amazon
Best Budget Juicer
Hamilton Beach Juicer Machine, Big Mouth 3” Feed Chute, Centrifugal, 800W, (67601A)
Design: 8.8 – A compact-sized and attractive juicer.
Features: 8.5 – It does all its essential functions well.
Performance: 8.6 – Excellent juice yield for an affordable machine.
Usability: 8.6 – It is easy to use and not difficult to clean.
Hamilton Beach Juicer is a centrifugal machine with an attractive black design. You can also choose the classic silver variant, but we believe this color combination is more appealing.
Either way, you will get BPA-free materials, which means your juice will be loaded with nutrients and free from harmful compounds.
The machine utilizes an 800W motor and works at a single speed. The operation process is simple, and the only thing you need to do is to turn the machine on and watch the magic happen.
You don’t have to waste a lot of time preparing food because the machine comes with a three-inch chute. It is large enough even for big product pieces, which promotes the comfort of using the device.
Once you activate the juicer, you will notice that it is quite loud. However, that is a small price to pay for the impressive yield and dry pulp you get at the end of the process.
The product doesn’t have a big footprint but make sure the surface you put it on is even. The machine is prone to “walking” while in operation, so make sure to stick around to hold it if necessary. If you keep the machine in place, you may also notice that it becomes a bit quieter.
- Impressive juice yield for an affordable appliance
- A large chute minimizes food preparation
- The manufacturer used BPA-free materials
- The machine may be prone to “walking” while in operation
- It is quite loud, even for a juicer
The Bottom Line:
The 67601A Juicer is another proof that Hamilton Beach is committed to designing budget-friendly appliances that can exceed the user’s expectations.
Where to buy:
Around $60 on Amazon
What Features to Look for in Juicers
It is time to discuss the most important features that your juicer should have. Here are some primary considerations to keep in mind!
Juice Quality. Please note that we are not talking about taste, but the quality of the juicer. That reflects in nutrient quantity, which is highest in masticating and triturating juicers.
Citrus and manual juicers also use the cold-press approach to secure the highest nutrient load. Centrifugal juicers may take away some of the nutrients due to high speed and heat, but they will still deliver a healthy load.
Juice Yield. The yield describes how much juice you get from a particular material. While some juicers are versatile, the return may vary from the fruit or veggie you place inside.
Some appliances might deliver a high yield from apples and oranges, but fail when it comes to leafy greens. You may want to consider your favorites and choose accordingly.
Juicing Speed. If you are in a rush to go out, you can benefit from high-speed juicers that only take seconds to deliver the juice. Some manual juicers are also relatively quick and straightforward once you set up the device.
Masticating and triturating juicers may take a bit more time, but they will return the favor of being patient by delivering the highest nutrient load.
Juice Fridge Life. The fridge life of masticating and other cold-pressed juices is longer than the one processed in high-speed machines.
The general rule is that you can keep your juice up to free days in the fridge, and an airtight container. Some manufacturers will secure an airtight pitcher for storing the juice.
Easy Operation. Using a juicer is not rocket science, but the manufacturers are those who need to secure smooth operation. The assembly should be straightforward, and the instructions on working with the unit clear. It shouldn’t take more than a couple of clicks to adjust the settings and get your juicer going.
Feeder Tube Size. The feeder chute size is directly related to the convenience and ease of using your juicer. The chute can vary anywhere from one inch to three inches or more in diameter.
The general rule is the more room you have, the better. That way, you will minimize food preparation as you can fit big chunks of fruits and veggies in the chute.
Various Speeds. If your juicer has multiple speeds available, that will increase its versatility. For example, you can use a high-speed setting for soft veggies, and low-speed adjustment to maximize the yield from hard fruits.
Versatility. The versatility of a juicer can be increased in different ways. For example, a citrus juicer may have different cones to deal with small and large citrus.
A high-speed juicer may have variable speeds, and low-speed units may feature an adjustable end cap to ensure the appliance uses the correct settings for the product you are processing.
Easy to Clean. The cleaning process is a bit of a hassle for all juicers, and you need to make your peace with that. However, the manufacturers can make that process easier by ensuring the components are detachable and dishwasher-friendly.
Some companies will even provide tools like scrapers and brushes to make the cleaning more manageable.
Additional Functions. Your juicer may have different accessories and attachments that enable it to perform extra functions. Those may include mincing garlic or meat, grinding the coffee, or making pasta.
These functions take the usability of these appliances beyond juicing, which means you can use these devices while preparing meals, too.
Warranty. The warranty has always been an indicator of the manufacturer’s trust in the product. The usual rule is that the warranty for juicers goes from one to five years. The terms of the warranty may vary; that is why it is crucial to get to know the deal specifics.
Are you wondering about the costs of juicers available on the market these days? The research shows that the price varies greatly.
You can find entry-level units at prices from $50 to $100. These are suitable for those with a limited budget. The components may not be as durable as in some other units, but the important thing is that you get a healthy juice.
An average-quality juicer costs between $100 and $300, and that depends on the type and features it offers. However, you can expect an excellent ratio of cost and quality at this price range.
Finally, you can also go with expensive juicers whose price goes over $300. These offer premium components and durability, as well as advanced functions and features.
Ultimately, it depends on what your expectations are. Regardless of the price range, make sure that you get plenty of bang for the buck.
Top 10 Juicer Brands
Let’s take a look at some of the major brands in the juicer industry:
- Breville – the company has a tradition of almost nine decades as it was founded in 1932 in Sydney. Today, they make different juicer types, as well as other household appliances. Their portfolio includes espresso and coffee machines, food processors, cookers, blenders, etc. Breville is famous for silver and stainless steel colors in their products.
- Omega – in 1985, Robert Leo established Olympic Products after leaving a rival juicing business. As someone with experience, he knew what the customers need. The rebranding that followed in 1987 led to renaming the company to Omega. Today, that name is one of the most reputable in the juicing industry.
- Tribest – the company was founded in 1988 in California. Today, it has more than 15 brands dedicated to healthy living. Their products are recognized throughout the world. Tribest focuses on designing kitchen and household appliances that can make your life easier and healthier. The company emphasizes the importance of strict quality control.
- Hurom – ever since its establishment in 1974, Hurom has been dedicated to juicing appliances. That is what enables them to design high-quality products. You can find juicers of different types and innovative machines that meet and exceed expectations. Whether you are looking for juicers that are easy to clean, classic, or specific citrus juicers, the company can meet your requirements.
- Hamilton Beach – the company, profiled itself as a manufacturer delivering affordable and budget-friendly products. The statistics are a clear indicator that users trust Hamilton Beach as the company sells more than 30 million appliances yearly. Apart from juicers, they also design blenders, grinders, food processors and dehydrators, deep fryers, etc.
- Kuvings – the story about the company’s name is intriguing. The founder combined the word “kitchen” in German and “living” in English. The unusual approach worked, and more than four decades after Kuvings was established in 1978, it is a reputable household appliance brand. They are dedicated to innovation, and they have applied for more than 1,400 patents.
- Mueller Austria – this is one of the most famous European brands in the kitchen appliance industry. Their juicers are of exceptional quality, but they also design other products. The list includes kettle heaters, pressure cookers, vacuum sealer machines, and other items. Mueller is based in Austria, but they sell their products worldwide.
- Cuisinart – the story of Cuisinart starts in 1973, and their motto is “savor the good life.” AS the name suggests, the company focuses on cooking. That means you can find outdoor grilling products, cutlery, bakeware, and dinnerware in their portfolio. However, they also manufacture household appliances, such as juicers.
- Oster – the company is most famous for blenders, but it has been making household appliances for over seven decades. It is interesting to note that Oster originally started by manufacturing hair clippers, and the electric branch was initiated in 1946. Today, they are a famous name in the kitchen appliance industry.
- Champion –last but not least is a reliable Champion brand. It is nice when the company specializes in designing juicers as they can focus on the requirements of users. Champion recognizes them and manages to deliver top-quality products continuously. The users trust this brand because of its dedication to improvement and innovation.
Tips for Juicing
If you are a juicing beginner, you might want some tips on how to maximize nutrient value and improve the overall juicing process. Here are some insights you might use:
- The ratio between veggies and fruits should be 3:1. That way, you will ensure that the fructose content of your juice isn’t too high.
- If you choose to store your juice, always use an airtight container. Depending on the juicer type you use, the juice may remain fresh for up to 72 hours.
- Do not add too much or hot peppers or ginger to your juice. Although they add a bit of spiciness, they are quite strong.
- Some fruits require peeling before placing them into the feed chute. For example, you should feel kiwis, oranges, lemons, and other citrus fruits.
- The size of the food chunks you place in the chute shouldn’t be bigger in diameter than the diameter of the tube itself.
- Avoid pushing the food chunks into the chute. A reliable juicer will take any ingredients it needs by itself.
- You can consider putting a clean plastic bag in the pulp container. That might make the cleaning process more manageable.
- Always clean the juicer as soon as you finish using it. That will make the cleaning process more manageable as the food parts won’t dry and stick to the components.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long does juice last from centrifugal and masticating juicers?
A: It is best to drink your juice while it is fresh, as that is when it has most nutrients. However, the general rule is that juice from a masticating machine lasts longer. You can keep it for free days in your fridge. We suggest putting the juice in an airtight container as that will prevent oxidation from killing nutrients inside.
Q: Which juicer is better masticating or centrifugal?
A: As mentioned in our guide, each juicer type has pros and cons. A masticating machine will ensure the highest nutrient load and the longest juice fridge life. On the other hand, a centrifugal unit will get your juice ready in seconds.
Q: Is it good to drink green juice every day?
A: The keyword here is balanced nutrition. Yes, it is healthy to drink green juice every day. However, you should make sure to consume each ingredient within reasonable ranges. If you drink too much green juice, you may deal with nausea and stomach upset. The optimal dose is a single glass of green juice loaded with nutrients every day.
Q: Can juicers perform tasks other than making juice?
A: Some juicers are capable of performing other functions. They will need suitable attachments and accessories for that. Some manufacturers include mincing and grinding attachments in the package, which turns their juicers into actual nutrition centers.
Q: Why cold-pressed is better than centrifugal juice?
A: A centrifugal juicer utilizes high speeds, which generate heat. That heat may destroy some of the nutrients in fruits and veggies it processes. On the other hand, a cold-pressed juicer doesn’t allow the heat to destroy nutrients. That means it provides the healthiest juice out there.
Q: Electric juicer vs. Manual: Which one is better?
A: The electric juicers may be more versatile overall, but the choice is ultimately a matter of preference. For example, a manual juicer can handle wheatgrass, and maybe even some leafy greens, better than any electric appliance out there.
On the other hand, electric juicers can usually be used for various fruits and veggies, and they secure a high yield from all of them.
Have you already found the best juicer for your needs? We singled out top-rated units in our review to make your choice easier. All the products presented in our reviews feature an excellent ration between durability and performance.
You want to stick to a reliable brand when choosing a juicer, but you also need the appliance to fit your budget. However, the primary consideration is that the type of juicer and its features meet your expectations.
The only advice on choosing the best juicer we can give you is to find one that fits you the most. It is all about getting the most bang for the buck and finding a product that you will use with pleasure.