Do you need an affordable, but powerful and versatile juicer? Take a look at our Cuisinart Juice Extractor CJE-1000 review, and discover everything about the product’s design, features, and performance!
Are you a fan of a healthy lifestyle? I have to admit that I wasn’t one in my 20s. It was snacks and sodas all over the place, but I didn’t care. Once I hit my 30s, I started feeling slugged and having problems getting up in the morning.
It was apparent I need to make healthy changes to my nutrition and lifestyle, and sodas were the first ones to go. The problem was that I didn’t like drinking water, and natural juices at the store were either expensive or fake.
I am sure you can bear with me there because a healthy diet takes effort and/or effort. What if I tell you there is an affordable and quick way to make all the natural juice you like? I am talking about a reliable juicer that you can rely on whenever you need a refreshing beverage.
Cuisinart Juice Extractor CJE-1000 has become my best morning companion. The fantastic boost of energy is the jumpstart I need for the day. If you want to know why I liked this juicer so much, take a look at this review and learn more about its specifics!
- Design: 8.5– It is a significant appliance, but it can produce a lot of juice
- Features: 9.0– Five different speeds available
- Performance: 8.5– It is very versatile and works well with many different fruits and veggies
- Ease of Use: 9.0– Minimal preparation and effort is necessary to extract juices
- Noise Level: 7.5 – Not the quietest machine out there, but not that loud either
- Cleaning: 7.0– You get a cleaning brush, but no extractor is easy to clean
- A durable juice that can be a smart long-term investment due to its performance and longevity
- Choose the desired extracting speed to fit the produce and your taste
- The strong motor will ensure that you get your choice quickly
- The adjustable spout is incredibly convenient for preventing mess and drips all over the place
- BPA-free materials guarantee that you will be drinking high-nutrient beverages free from any harmful compounds
- The size is a bit bigger than expected
- Some fruits and veggies won’t deliver as much pulp as others
Cuisinart CJE-1000 is an entry-level juice extractor and an affordable but powerful extracting solution. The product is ideal for those who do not want to waste a lot of time preparing their juice but still want a refreshing and nutrient-filled beverage.
Who Should Use the Cuisinart CJE-1000?
Cuisinart CJE-1000 is an excellent choice for those that like drinking all-natural juices extracted from whole fruits and veggies. If you are a fan of a healthy lifestyle, this is an excellent product for you.
It is also an excellent choice for all those who are starting a diet and need a healthy boost of nutrients. The juice extractor is suitable for working people, too. It can give you the needed jumpstart for the day in the morning!
Cuisinart CJE-1000 Overview
Cuisinart CJE-100 Juice Extractor does a lot of things right. From a product like this, you expect the highest juice quality possible. After all, a juicer is not worth much if it can’t make tasty juice. However, you also need top-quality components as they ensure the durability of the unit.
The good news is that this extractor gets all those things right, and it also provides ease of use by allowing you the opportunity to place whole fruits into the feeding tube. You can extract juices from soft and hard produce and leafy greens, or make a blend of your preference. That versatility is the reason why this juicer is many people’s favorite. Here is an overview of its most essential features.
- Type of Juicer. Cuisinart CJE-1000 is a versatile juice extractor suitable for different kinds of fruits and vegetables. It can extract juice from whole fruits, which means that minimal preparation is required to operate the product. The product belongs to centrifugal juicers, which have a strainer that spins rapidly and utilizes the blade at the bottom to extract the juice.
- Dimensions. The first time you look at the Cuisinart CJE-1000, it will look like any other juice extractor. It may seem a bit bulkier as its exact dimensions are 15.4 x 11.8 x 19 inches. That is something to consider because you will need to have enough room on the kitchen counter for the appliance. You can place it anywhere, but as far as I know juicers, kitchen countertop surfaces are their usual location.
- Feed Chute Size. The three-inch chute you use to feed the extractor equals minimal preparation. For example, you only need to peel an orange before you put it in the tube. The fact that you can put whole produce speeds up the process. That will positively affect your motivation for making juices. Some extractors require a lot of preparation, and that makes you feel like you don’t even want to enter the kitchen. But if you know that the entire process will be quick, it will motivate you to use the extractor more often!
- Weight. The manufacturer emphasizes that the product weighs 15 pounds in total. If you keep in mind the size, it seems that it is not heavy at all. If you need to move it from one location to another, it will require a bit of effort. That is why it is a better option to find the designated spot and place it there for long-term use. The good news is that there are numerous removable parts you can take off and wash in the dishwasher.
- Base Color. You will receive housing made of brushed stainless steel and die-cast. The manufacturer carefully selected these materials to ensure that the motor base is durable and long-lasting. The base color is metallic gray, which is quite neutral and should fit any décor. The container, food pusher, and some other components are black, which complements the gray color well. Overall, the design is modern but classic, which makes it an excellent choice for any kitchen.
Performance & Juice Quality
There is one thing we need to clarify right away – you won’t find a perfect juicer out there. It is all about maximizing the results and making it as versatile as possible. It seems that Cuisinart CJE-1000 does the best job with soft produce, but it also has a decent performance in extracting juice from leafy greens and hard fruit and vegetables. Overall, juice quality is more than satisfying.
What Can Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juicer Make?
Since I assume you are most interested in how the juicer performs with different fruits and veggies, we will start with that. For this review, I went to the local store where I love shopping and bought different types of soft and hard produce. Since this is a thorough review, I decided to test individual produces. Take a look at what I discovered below.
- Soft Produce. Apples, I was pleasantly surprised with how things started. It was above what I expected, which was encouraging. Additionally, it is worth mentioning that the juicer prepared that apple juice quickly, and it was very foamy, which I enjoyed. Cucumbers: I don’t know if you are a fan of cucumber pulp, but I am not. As a result, the fact that my juice didn’t have any was pleasing. CJE-1000 delivered a generous quantity of juice, and once again performed above expectations. Oranges: Not everything can be perfect, and this is the first miss of Cuisinart’s new model. It’s not that the orange juice wasn’t tasty, but I prefer more foam and pulp. If you are a fan of pulp-free juice, you will love using this extractor! It seems like the product could have delivered more juice, but maybe the oranges weren’t of the best quality. Celery: Although it is healthy, I am not a fan of celery. It seems that CJE-1000 wasn’t either. The low separation was visible, and there was not a lot of pulp.
- Hard produce. Beets, Another point in favor of those who are not pulp fans. The good news is that you get a decent juice amount and an adequate level of foam. Carrots. The extractor didn’t wholly avoid the pulp this time, but it seems that it could have been more generous. There was not much foam either, and I felt like the juice quantity could have been better. Sweet potatoes. It is not easy to deal with hard produce if you are a juice extractor, and I can bear with that. However, CJE-1000 did a decent job with sweet potatoes. Foam, pulp, and enough juice were all there, which is a plus in my books.
- Leafy greens. Spinach and kale had similar results, and the juice I tried was tasty (although these veggies are my favorite). It seemed that wheatgrass is not the extractor’s favorite, but you will get adequate results with most leafy greens.
- Wheatgrass. It seems like Cuisinart CJE-1000 is not the best choice for wheatgrass. Furthermore, it won’t get almost any juice out of it. While it is only one area where the product fails to meet the expectations, it can be a downside if you like adding wheatgrass to your fruit cocktails.
Features & Specs
- Motor Power. If you compare the device to some other popular juice extractors, you will notice that 1,000W is an ample amount of power. It will accelerate the process of getting your juice extract as much as possible, which will come in handy for those mornings when you wake up late. Imagine this – you don’t have a lot of time before you head to work, but you are dreaming about a refreshing beverage. That is when the 1,000W of power is the most useful!
- Max Speed. Cuisinart CJE-1000 has five different speed settings available. Feel free to adjust the speed if you don’t want to utilize the full power of the product. It all depends on what type of juice you like, so don’t hesitate to experiment and achieve the perfect taste through trial and error.
- Capacity. Cuisinart CJE-1000 includes a pump container with a 2-liter capacity, and a pitcher a 1-liter capacity. The container is spacious enough, which is essential for an appliance of this size. And if you want to take the juice with you, a one-liter capacity of the pitcher should be more than enough to cover you for the day.
- Noise. The manufacturer promises quiet operation, but that is an overstatement. The unit contains a powerful motor, and it must be loud, mainly when operating at the highest power. The good news is that you won’t need ear protection. The sound is not annoying or high-pitched, but we also can’t say that it is quiet.
- Accessories. We already mentioned the container and pitcher, which are removable and you can wash them in the dishwasher. Other parts, such as the food pusher, are also removable and dishwasher-friendly. You will also receive a cleaning brush, which seems to be of high quality. While it is capable of making the cleaning process more manageable, it will still require some effort on your side.
- Safety. The manufacturer pinpoints that all parts of the juicer that come in touch with your beverage and produce are free from BPA materials. That may be a crucial factor because you can rest assured that the only thing you will consume when you drink juices is healthy nutrients from fruits and veggies. Additionally, the product contains a four-second safety break feature, which stops the filter basket with blades when you release the handle tab.
- Warranty. The manufacturer provides a limited three-year warranty. Considering that this is one of the more affordable juicers on the market, the length of the warranty is understandable.
Product Care & Cleaning
A messy kitchen is not something you ever want to see. That is why it is crucial to control the flow rate of your juice extractor. Thanks to the adjustable flow spout, you will prevent drips, and keep your extractor and kitchen clean throughout the process.
Allow me to let you in on a little secret – no juice extractor is easy to clean. The manufacturers can make the process more manageable, but you will always hard to reach spots that will require an effort to clean.
Cuisinart tried to accelerate the cleaning process by providing a cleaning brush, which can come in handy. You should also utilize the dishwasher to wash any dishwasher-friendly parts.
Finally, and I can’t stress this enough, always clean your appliance the moment you finish using it! It will be a lot harder to remove all the waste later. You would probably agree that it’s better to spend a couple of minutes cleaning now than double as much then down the road.
What Others Are Saying
The number of purchases and reviews speaks about the popularity of the product among the customers. The majority of the reviews seem to be positive, and the product has 4.3 out of 5 stars. If you keep in mind that rating comes from almost a thousand reviews, you realize that this is a well-liked product among the customers.
The users emphasize the large container, which enables you to make lots of juices at once. The width of the tube is also a good thing, and many considered the fact they can throw in whole apples welcome.
Many users also recommend Cuisinart CJE-1000 because of its affordable price and commend the fact that it has durable housing. Not everything is perfect as some users mention the product didn’t meet their expectations. They noticed inadequate performance with kale and spinach and the low amount of juice produced from these veggies.
Alternatives to Cuisinart CJE-1000
Let’s take a look at how Cuisinart CJE-1000 compares to other juicers.
CJE-1000 beats the model designed by Hamilton Beach by 200W of power (1,000W compared to 800W). They both have three-inch chutes, but 67650A seems smaller, which means you can’t make as much juice on a single pass. It is also less durable than the model manufactured by Cuisinart.
The manufacturer calls this machine big-mouth, but its chute is equally significant as the one in CJE-1000. You will get a generous warranty, and 800W of power, as well as an attractive black design. However, it seems that the juicer is not nearly as efficient as Cuisinart’s model.
These are both centrifugal juicers, but it seems that CJE-1000 is better at dealing with soft produce. However, they share a common drawback – they are not that good at extracting juice from leafy greens. Cuisinart also offers a far more generous warranty on its product. Since it is more compact-sized, Breville JE98XL might be a bit easier to clean.
The first thing you notice is the stronger motor featured by Cuisinart CJE-1000. That model has 1,000W while Breville’s unit can deliver a maximum of 700W. Breville BJE200XL has a large tube and many dishwasher-friendly parts. It seems to be relatively quiet, but it only has a single speed setting available, which is a bit limiting.
Conclusion: Is Cuisinart CJE-1000 Juicer for You?
It is not overreacting if I say that Cuisinart CJE-1000 can change your life. It is an excellent choice if you are only entering the juice extracting or healthy lifestyle world.
The ultimate equation is that a sturdy and durable machine plus hassle-free cleaning and minimal mess equal an excellent juice that you will enjoy for a long time. If you are on the market for an entry-level juicer, you shouldn’t think twice about getting this model.