Omega VRT350 Heavy-Duty review brings all the details about arguably the most durable juicer out there. Find out if this vertical low-speed juicer has what it takes to become a member of the permanent setup in your kitchen!
Ever since I was a child, I was clumsy. I was the only in the family who could fall after “tripping on the air.” That is why I learned to handle delicate stuff carefully. It is also why I was delighted when I heard of the Omega VRT350 Heavy-Duty Juicer.
It is a particular type of juicer made of exceptionally durable materials and resistant to cracks and dents. If that intrigues you, I suggest checking out this Omega VRT350HD review and seeing whether its performance can also be up to the expected standards!
Omega VRT350 Masticating Juicer Ratings
- Juice Quality 9.5 – A high level of nutrients equals healthy juices.
- Ease of Use 8.9 – It only has a single-speed available.
- Noise Level 8.0 – Not the quietest unit out there.
- Versatility. 8.5 – Great for juicing products, but not much help for meals.
- Performance 9.1 – A reliable and durable product that will last for years.
- Ease of Cleaning 8.3 – Cleaning is as you would expect from a juicer.
- You can make healthy juices loaded with nutrients quickly.
- Made of exceptionally durable materials and resistant to cracks and dents
- The product is versatile, but it performs particularly well with soft produce.
- A relatively spacious chute minimizes food preparation.
- It doesn’t come with any mincing or other meal-making accessories.
- The price tag may be a bit high.
Omega VRT350 is perfect for those users who want to buy a juicer once and not think about it for years after that. It can be great if you have a family as it is extremely resistant to cracks and dents, and it can deliver healthy juices in no time.
What Type of Juicer Is VRT350?
Omega VRT350HD is a slow masticating juicer. Its most significant advantage is juice quality and shelf life. Thanks to minimal oxidation, the juice will keep most of the nutrients, and you can enjoy a healthy boost of ingredients that your body needs. VRT350 is also a vertical juicer, making it an excellent choice for those looking for a unit with a small footprint. However, it would help if you also considered the height to fit in the designated location.
Omega VRT350 Juicer Overview
It is time to analyze Omega VRT350HD to the smallest detail. Let’s go part by part, and see whether its capabilities can be what you expect.
I would always give an advantage to functionality over aesthetics. However, sometimes it is how the product looks that affects the performance. Here are the crucial design features of VRT350.
- Dimensions. The juicer is seven inches (178mm) long, 8.5 inches (216mm wide), and 15.5 inches (394mm) high. You could say these are average dimensions for a vertical juicer. Ensure that you have enough room on your counter, or wherever you need to place it, height-wise. You also don’t want the feed chute to be too high as it may be tricky to add the food to the tube.
- Feed Chute Size. The chute is of a crescent shape, and its exact dimensions are 2.5 x 1.5 inches. It is quite standard for this juicer, although the chute’s width is a bit more generous compared to some other models. You will have plenty of room to load up the tube, but always keep in mind that food chunks cannot be larger than the chute’s dimensions.
- Weight. Remember, you want a durable juicer resistant to scratches and cracks. The manufacturer complied with that request by using premium materials, but it also made Omega VRT350HD a bit heavy. The unit weighs over 20 pounds when assembled, and moving it around can be not easy. However, the durability makes up for it.
- What Does “Heavy-Duty” Mean? It means that VRT350HD was designed from ULTEM plastic material. ULTEM is exceptionally resistant to high heat, and it is also reliable and stiff, which makes it durable and resistant to cracks. In other words, you should get a juicer that will last more than standard units. Please note that only the units marked as VRT350HD are made of this material.
- Base Color. The base color of the juicer is silver, which adds to the elegance of the overall design. The feed chute is black, while the containers are transparent. The color combination is rather standard for these products, and it doesn’t seem that the manufacturer wanted to be creative.
Analyzing performance is my favorite party because it involves making and drinking a lot of healthy juice, so let’s start right away!
- Juice Quality. Low-speed juicers can deliver juices of the highest quality. Oxidation at high speeds destroys a significant portion of the nutrients in your food. But if you keep the juicer at a low speed, oxidation is minimal, and the result is a top-quality juice. That means it can deliver the healthy nutrient boost you expect!
- Juice Yield. The yield depends on the produce you place in the chute. However, the overall return is more than satisfactory. Furthermore, VRT350 may be one of the best-performing units in this category. Let’s analyze how it performed with particular produce in the following sections.
- Soft Produce. The first thing I tested was oranges, and I was nothing short of impressed. VRT350 is easily among the best juicers out there for making orange juice. Grapes were the next fruit I tested, and the results were almost identical. The yield was terrific, and the taste was great, too. We can safely say that the product performs well with soft produce.
- Hard Produce. Apples seem to be one of the best tests for hard produce, and VRT350 didn’t score as high as with oranges and grapes. However, the results were at an average level and decent enough for most users. The product handled carrots much better. You can help by cutting it into smaller chunks, but the juicer will process carrots fine either way. The pulp was minimal, and the yield was one of the highest in that category.
- Leafy Greens. The results with leafy greens were similar to the ones with hard produce. Spinach delivered an average juice quantity, and kale did much better. Overall, it was a decent performance, especially if you keep in mind this is a vertical juicer.
- Wheatgrass. Wheatgrass was the only type of produce where Omega VRT350HD didn’t perform at a high level. Instead, the yield was below average, but it is something that we often expect from vertical masticating juicers. They are not suitable for wheatgrass, and you should be ready for a modest yield if you process this food type.
If you want to know more about a juicer, read its specifications carefully. Take a look at what the features say about Omega VRT350!
- Motor Power. According to the manufacturer, the motor power is 150W (1/5HP). That is the optimal strength because it can run the juicer at its default low speed and tackle hard produce successfully. Some foods are more difficult to juice than others, which is why you need a powerful motor.
- Variable Speed. Adjustable speed is not one of the features of the Omega VRT350HD Juicer. The product only has a single speed setting as it runs on 80RPM (rotations per minute). That makes the juicer easy to use as you don’t have to bother choosing the right setting. Ultimately, it is always better to have a low-speed juicer than a high-speed one to keep more nutrients.
- Capacity. The capacity of VRT350HD is standard if compared to similar models. The unit has a default juicing cup of 32 ounces, and the pulp container is of a similar capacity. Thanks to that, you can make juice for two people at once, but things will take a bit longer if you are having a party. But then again, you probably won’t serve fresh, natural juice in that case.
- Assembly Difficulty. If this is your first time assembling a juicer, you may need a bit of time and effort to get VRT350 up and to run. Fortunately, the instructions are straightforward. Make sure to follow the manual, and you should have any issues during the process.
- Food Preparation Requirements. It is the only standard that some food preparation is necessary before you can drink your favorite juice. For most produce, you will have to cut it into pieces that fit into the chute (2.5 x 1.5 inches). You don’t want to overload the chute, but you can mix different food when processing.
- Auto Pulp Ejection. I always tend to take the automatic pulp ejection claims with a pinch of salt. While all juicers extract pulp to a separate container, not many of them do a good job. However, VRT350HD exceeded my expectations. It will eject most of the dry pulp, which means that it can extract a maximum amount of juice from most produce.
- Drip Stopper. A drip stopper is a convenient feature that prevents the juicer (and the user) from making a mess in the kitchen. It is something that most new Omega machines have, and you will be thankful for this addition. The idea is to make using the product smooth and clean, less demanding.
- Noise Level. You can’t expect a juicer to be quiet. That is not the way things work because these products use a motor to extract juices effectively. It is why you should know that you can hear VRT350 when it is working. However, its noise level is lower than in most other juicers, partly because it operates at a low speed.
- Durability. If you want a product with maximum strength and longevity, you can’t go wrong with Omega VRT350 Heavy-Duty Juicer. The carefully selected materials are crack-resistant, and the product should last for years to come.
- Accessories. As for the accessories that come with the juicer, you will only get an automatic cleaning brush. Omega VRT350HD is a juicer, and that remains its primary focus. If you were thinking about mincing food or doing anything else, I am afraid that won’t be possible with this unit.
- Safety. The product has all the necessary safety features, and the manual includes all the precautions you should take when using it. The crucial thing to remember is to pull out the power socket before you start cleaning the juicer. Also, make sure to be careful when touching the blades. Please read the instruction manual to learn how to use the juicer safely.
- Warranty. The standard warranty for Omega VRT350 Juicers is ten years for the US and Canada and 12 months for the international market. However, if you have a refurbished model, the United States and Canada’s warranty will be two years. There will be no warranty for other countries and commercial clients.
Care & Cleaning
If you want your juicer to last and deliver high-quality juice, you should clean it regularly. That means you should remove movable parts and wash them after each use. The cleaning process is relatively simple, primarily if you use the cleaning brush included with the product. You can wash the components by hand by using warm water and mild soap.
The chances are you might have to clean the bottom part of the auger manually, but that is also normal for masticating juicers. The entire cleaning process shouldn’t last more than several minutes. No parts require special attention, and cleaning VRT350 is the same as cleaning any other juicer of this type.
You will undoubtedly notice that the price of Omega VRT350 Heavy-Duty is a bit higher, but I will once again emphasize it is because of the materials used. It is not only about longevity, although a decade-long warranty is a great thing. You should also consider crack-resistance, which means that the juicer will remain intact even if you drop it on the floor.
Add to that the fact that this is a low-speed masticating juicer. That enables it to keep the highest quantity of nutrients and deliver pretty much the best quality of juice you can get these days. While nobody can’t deny that the price tag is higher than usual, these two things justify it. They confirm that VRT350HD delivers excellent value for the money.
What Customers Are Saying
If the politicians listened to the public, things would be much better. But that is not why we are here to discuss. We want to focus on what the existing users think of Omega VRT350HD because no one can tell you more about a product than its actual customers.
The juicer has more than 1,100 customer ratings on Amazon. Its overall score is 3.8 out of five stars, which is quite decent. More than 50% of the customers left five-star feedback, which is excellent. Many of the mentions emphasize the quality of the juice that they received with this unit.
Others like the containers’ generous capacity and some pinpoint that the product is straightforward to clean. Even those who use it several times per week are more than satisfied with the juicer’s consistent results.
Some users, however, emphasize that the juice can be a bit pulpier in some produce. You can efficiently resolve that with a strainer, and ultimately, it only depends on your taste. A few other customers did mention that the product is expensive, and we have to make peace with that.
Alternatives to Omega VRT350 Juicer
Would you like to know how Omega VRT350 performs when compared to similar items? Here is a quick comparison with some of the most popular models:
Although they work at the same 80RPM speed, j8006HDS is a horizontal juicer. As such, it may be more suitable for leafy greens, while VRT350 is excellent for soft produce. However, it is worth noting that the other model designed by Omega is also a nutrition center with accessories for mincing, grinding, etc.
It is another horizontal juicer that can also help in meal preparation. The product works at the same speed as VRT350. Many other settings are too similar, such as dual-stage juicing, same motor power, etc. However, the juicer we are focusing on is a bit better when it comes to the overall juice quality.
AIcok offers a more affordable price and the same speed of 80RPM for excellent juice quality. It may be better at processing wheatgrass, but it has worse results for oranges and carrots. The apparent advantage of VRT350HD is durability and longevity, and some might comment that it also features a better design.
Tribest managed to go as low as 47RPM with this juicer, which is quite impressive. Simultaneously, the motor features 200W of power, which makes the product loud but powerful. These are mostly similar units, and VRT350 manages to match Slowstar in many areas, especially in making a healthy juice.
Kuvings offers a motor with a generous 280W of power, as well as an extra-wide tube that is three inches wide. Omega VRT350 seems more durable and more comfortable to clean, and it also produces juices with less pulp. Additionally, Kuvings is not a famous brand as Omega.
Conclusion: Is Omega VRT350 the Right Juicer for You?
Are you looking for a vertical slow speed juicer that can deliver high-quality juices? Would you like it to be extremely durable in case you are clumsy enough to drop it? Do you want to buy a product and don’t think about its longevity and performance for years?
That is what Omega VRT350 Heavy-Duty makes possible. If you are eager to buy a juicer with the most durable possible construction, this is the ideal product for you. It also matches the expectations when it comes to juice quality and yield. Although it has minor drawbacks and a high price, it can be a smart investment if you plan to use it regularly.